[NL2-NL10] KQo push to limp-raise

• mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      This is a rather tricky hand...

The UTG2's minraise seemed a bit odd, so I decided to follow the chart. I treated the minraise as a limper and raised 7BB - this would leave me with a push if re-raised. This is my question: is the push correct considering KQo isn't very strong and the minraise could signify strength?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.90
      MP1:
      $5.94

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 2 folds, UTG2 raises to $1.43 (All-In), MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.73.

Flop: ($3.26) 4:heart: , 5:diamond: , 2:heart:
      Turn: ($3.26) A:heart:
      River: ($3.26) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of fives (Qd Kc)
      UTG2 shows two pairs, aces and fives (Ts As)

UTG2 wins with two pairs, aces and fives (Ts As)
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You should consider minraisers as 2 limpers, not only one, so therefore your preflop raise should be 1+2+2+4= 9BBs, this is almost half of your stack and you should push preflop directly. Gerv says you should push preflop when your raise is more than 35% of your stack.

As played, when there's a limper/minraiser reraising your raise, just stick to the chart that tells you when to go all-in dependant on the ratio between your original raise and your remaining stack...

For KQ you need ratio of 2,5:1 and you have 1,20:0,70-->1,71:1-->push.

When you see this kind of play made by opponents you have to make a note on what hands did they make this laim play with, so you can push next time or fold if this is the sign of monsters.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      You should consider minraisers as 2 limpers, not only one, so therefore your preflop raise should be 1+2+2+4= 9BBs, this is almost half of your stack and you should push preflop directly. Gerv says you should push preflop when your raise is more than 35% of your stack.

As played, when there's a limper/minraiser reraising your raise, just stick to the chart that tells you when to go all-in dependant on the ratio between your original raise and your remaining stack...

For KQ you need ratio of 2,5:1 and you have 1,20:0,70-->1,71:1-->push.

When you see this kind of play made by opponents you have to make a note on what hands did they make this laim play with, so you can push next time or fold if this is the sign of monsters.
      Says it all, thank you :)

Stick to Stack:Raise ratio in this case so $1.2:$0/7 = 1.7 so push any hand you raised with from the SHC