Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,00
      MP3:
      $54,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) J:spade: , T:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP3 calls $0,60.

Turn: ($1,80) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00.

River: ($3,80) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $3,25, Hero calls $3,15 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,10

I really didn't like that A on the river, but I decided to call anyway...

What I want to know, should I push river directly or perhaps c/f since I don't have the top pair anymore or I go for check/call(push) for bluffinduce?
  • 8 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      What do we usually say about freeplays? Top pair Q+ kicker is playable. Thus, this isn't :)

If we pretend that it's not c/f flop then..

On the turn when he calls I'd be very suspicious. What could he call with here? And then on the river when he donks I could never find a call there... he always has you beat there. 2pair, (misplayed)KQ, any single fish-ace who decides to see the river... basically everything he could ever have beats you imo :P

Anyway, I stand by c/f flop!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I know, what we usually say about freeplay... :P

But when I'm heads-up I loosen up and play almost any TP aggressively, specially when I'm agaisnt MP3-BU limper which is a big sign of weakness to me.

Well, I was confused about what he called me on flop and turn too, I thought a PP, or bottom/middle pair, maybe some draw...

So, when the A came, I though that would only improve his hand if he holds KQ or A high, so I didn't find it very likely to be called by A high nor KQ...

Because I thought that the A didn't change the flop and turn situation, where I considered myself ahead, I decided to make a call on the river.
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      As mentioned, not in SSS but you're a little past basic SSS anyway I imagine. Like play on flop, pot bet seems about right here. Would like to take it down there and then though, and so I'd like to pot bet again on the turn. As it is he's getting odds to call with most draws + implied. River call questionable, but probably correct in my eyes.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Burek2k,

Flop Bet Pot
      Turn Bet 2/3 and then if he calls again, evaluate the river what he could have, the river card should not make any difference and therefore I am inclined to to make a sort of blockbet to note his limping range down.

[As played] A blockbet of $1.75 and fold to a Reraise on the River because then I know I am beat for sure

Best regards,

Gerv
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Gerv. On your 'as played' bit of the analysis, can you really make your block bet and fold to a r-r? You will have around 5:1 pot odds to call there. Will you not win that hand 1/6 times to merit calling if he pushes?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matt1234
      Gerv. On your 'as played' bit of the analysis, can you really make your block bet and fold to a r-r? You will have around 5:1 pot odds to call there. Will you not win that hand 1/6 times to merit calling if he pushes?
      I agree with this. After all that betting before the river, betting again (albeit kinda small) + folding doesn't make sense with a short stack.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I also agree with that, if I bet 2/3 of the pot on the turn as I should I had about 70% of the pot left on the river, so I think it would be an easy shove...

And for those who wonder what with he made that proplay... ...guy made a bluff bet on the river with busted gutshot draw. :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matt1234

My bad , I think I play Bet/Call or a direct shove, depends on the opponent but against Unknowns, a shove can give some FE for busted draws.