Let's climb up the limits! [NL25]

• LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Welcome to my BLOG!

Hi everyone,

firstly, let me introduce myself. My name is Jiri and I'm 24 years old. I have been thinking of how to link English and playing Poker together and then I figured out that I could create a blog in the English forum. If anyone was wondering "Why the hell does he want to link English and Poker together?", then my answer would be "Because I love speaking, writing, and studying English. I've been studying English as a self-taught for two years and I do love it." On the other hand, I also love playing Poker. So I have came out with the idea to create a blog here.

I have been playing Poker for many years but I have never focused on a proper bankroll management which always led me into ... you'll probably know where. The last time I did a really stupid thing was when I decided to play like a pro and went to play poker at NL500. I don't know what I thought of but I busted my whole BR that day which I had been building for a month. I didn't care about the money that I had busted but about my stupidity I was basically building the bankroll for a month and then I lost everything in a day which was the sadness thing. Well, I hope that it was the last time I got busted by a mistake/stupidity/greedyniess.
      I wrote this down for myself to remember me the mistake in order not to do the same mistake again in the future.

Yesterday, I deposited something around $400 on my Pokerstars account and started playing at NL25 (zoom/regular) - I was playing the limit on regular basis in the past and that's why I decided to start playing there, I know that the BR is not the safest one, but I think that I'm able to deal with the players at the limit. I've got lots of reads on most of the regulars playing there.

I started writing this blog yesterday, but I was too lazy to finish it.

I'm going to update it here once a week and if I have some time, I'll post interesting hands and spots in this thread a few times in a week.

The overall stats
      :As: Starting BR: $400
      :2s: Currently BR: $550
      :3s: Hands played: x

So let the journey begin!

• 39 replies
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Well guys,

As I promised to post some hands once a week here we go.

I was playing very aggresively on that table and therefore I supposed that players wouldn't be folding on my re-raises and other crazy stuff.

Here is the first hand

This is another one with the same player, he was on tilt, since I did this the third time in a row.

This hand was playing against a fish therefore I decided to jam on the river to get maximum value from him.

There is nothing as powereful as a changed mind. You can change your hair, your clothing, your address, your spouse, your residence. But If you don't change your mind, the same experience will pre-patch(?) you...
    • Tyradiel
      Tyradiel
      Bronze
      Hi since you moved your blog to EN forum I will try to write in english :coolface: . I have similar situation I also lost a lot of my bankroll because of bad BRM so I gave myself also some new rules and new challenge. So have a good luck in yours and lets hope we will meet on high stakes :banana:
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      :welcome: Tyradiel,

it's nice to have you here! I feel sorry for you and that lost. I believe that you'll build your BRM up again since you're a good regular.

You just reminded me that I didn't respond to your last post, which was really inspirational, in your blog .
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      I wanted to post my stats with graphs once a week on Sunday but since I'm going to visit some interesting places in London tomorrow, I will not probably be able to do it. Therefore, I decided to post them tonight.

I have to say that this week was the best one that I've ever had. I made huge profit at NL25 and if it continues this way, I'm going to try some shots at NL50 soon. I'll do that when my BR reaches $1500.

The overall stats
      :2s: Currently BR: $838.11
      :3s: Hands played: 13960

The graph of this week

The stats I play

I'm really happy about the profit but at the same time I'm very unhappy with my redline which has been going down since I started playing poker. I've seen a video series from w34z3l which is really nice about the red line. I have to watch it again and more carefully to get better. I know that I'm very weak at bluffing. Usually, when I try to bluff an opponent, I end up losing lots of money because the opponent is not capable of folding his OP on extremely drawy board but he's got the OP, there is not point of folding it in his opinion.
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      I thought that this guy might be a good regular he had pretty decent stats so I decided to bluff him. As you can see, it was a really bad idea. This guy was never folding his OP on such a board even I made a re-raise OTF and the board went pretty bad for him.
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      This is the type of hand that you know that there is nothing that you could be scared of. Unfortunately, when you look at the limit, you'll realize that the price, which I got, isn't actually as interesting as it might be at a higher limit. I wish I would get these hands more often.

• Tyradiel
      Tyradiel
      Bronze
      Nice progress :f_thumbsup: Iam sorry to be messenger of bad news but if I were at your place I wouldnt think that this run can continue much longer :D 20bb/100 on NL25 do not have even the best crushers at the limit :D

BTW: what have you been doing at NL2?
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Hi Tyradiel,

you're just honest and that's it. I know that I'll not be able to keep this for a long time. Sigh :deadhappy: . I hope, I'll move up the limits. I don't have to rush.

I was having fun there because I was little stressed from playing at NL25 and therefore I decided to go there :-D . I don't mind losing $2 when I get good cards when I play at NL25 it's something different because you can lose much more when you don't play well and you're not focused as much as you should be.
    • Paulis1992
      Paulis1992
      Bronze
      update
      sorry for bragpost, I just wanted make you blog at the top of list :f_thumbsup:
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Hi Paulis,

Alright. I'll do my update for this week tonight. I have to collet 100VPIP to get $50. It's been really toough to collet 4.9k VPP since I've been playing maximum of 4 regular tables. Though, my WR is still huge at this limit, collecting points were easier at ZOOM tables.

Since the rakeback on PS is horrible, I'm going to move to another poker room. Not sure yet where, I was thinking of moving to PP but they've fuck** it up and the HUD is not working there anymore so I have to find a better poker room.
    • Paulis1992
      Paulis1992
      Bronze
      888 is fine, but there is almost no rakeback, soft pool tho is worth trying
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Well,

as I promised to post the report of this week so here we go. It was kind of successful week. Basically, I played at NL25 regular tables for the whole week except today, I had to collect 100 VPP so I switched to ZOOM tables. I was playing 4 tables. After 5 minutes of playing I got really mad, when a guy on the MP called my all-in with 77 and he flopped the set. Obviously I lost the pot with KK. I hate playing against lucky fish. They always get lucky but this is poker. Shit things just happen and we have to ignore them and focus on playing our A-game. I did want to play on PP but since they've changed their system I'm not going to play there.

The overall stats
      :2s: Currently BR: $1058.68
      :3s: Hands played: 26264

The graph of this week

The stats I played this week

As you can see my WR has decreased a lot but I still sit on 14,33 bb/100 after 26k hands. It will probably drop even more as I play longer. Anyway, I'll be glad if I can keep my WR around 8, it's going to be enough. :-)
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      Hey Jiri, nice blog will be following your progress :f_drink:
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Hey Craig,

it's nice to see you here! Hope you're doing well :-).
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Short Update

- I moved to another poker room.
      - Started clearing my welcome bonus deposit.
      - Hopefully, I'l start working on my game with a great coach.

Current BR over $1.1k

I also hope that till the end of this month I'll play at NL50 on regular basis. My plans are to crush NL100 by the end of this year. So let's see what happens.
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      About My Progess At Another Platform

I've been playing really badly since I started playing at another platform. I also got unlucky a few times but the main problem is that there are lots of players who are incredibly bad and they are calling with bottom pairs and so on. For example, I was in the MP and was holding KK, I 3bet a guy who was on the UTG he called with 79o. The flop went J79, I bet, he re-raised, I shoved. In the end, he showed me 79o. Dunno, why he called 79o PF on the UTG but w/e.

Basically, I have had to adjust to the players I play against. Instead of my standard play I started playing more nitty.

Here is the graph of my progress - rakeback and the welcome bonus are not included.
    • Tyradiel
      Tyradiel
      Bronze
      cheer up its only 8k hands and 5BIs... compared to your previouse run its normal trust me :f_thumbsup: just dont let that go in your head, play your game and it will be ok again

edit: on which platform do you play and what are your impressions about the soft?
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      For example, I was in the MP and was holding KK, I 3bet a guy who was on the UTG he called with 79o. The flop went J79, I bet, he re-raised, I shoved. In the end, he showed me 79o. Dunno, why he called 79o PF on the UTG but w/e.
      This sounds like a calling station, there postflop raise, only ever mean the nuts or close to it, your on a new site, you need hands on players, i believe you made a mistake by calling the postflop reraise, however, im not sure i could fold either, but if we look at the flop texture J97, this is a very dangerous flop, there is a lot of 2 pair possibility's and straights, personally i prefer to check back this flop with a plan to getting to river cheaper.

The reason is - if we bet this flop vs an unknown he will likely call us with, 2+ and pair + straight draws/gutshots, our equity vs that range isn't as good as what we might think, so by eliminating a betting round we are halving there equity if they have something like 89 on a blank turn, also we disguise our hand and make it look like we have AK, so we might even induce hands like 44 to bluff the turn, we are keeping there range wide, we only really want to bet 1-2 streets, flop - river anyway, so were not losing value, (im leaning more towards 1 street) we get to the river cheaper, this is where i strongly disagree with nearly 90% of players who think we need to protect here, if we bet do you think we are protecting? very unlikely since a CS will call JT, 89, T7, any hand like that, so our protection bet is not going to work for 1, we are just building a big pot for when he hits, by playing passively and making sure those danger cards don't come, we can bet then, when we are sure were safe, i hate it when i bet/bet and he donks all in for $5 into a $20 and with have KK on a 79J28 board.

I don't know if this is correct way, but, what do you think?
    • LooooN
      LooooN
      Bronze
      Hi guys, thanks for the posts :-)

@ Tyradiel

I started playing as a nit and it's been getting better. I play on Black Chip Poker and I have to say that the SW is horrible. There is nothing good to say about their SW. However, the pool is very soft and the players play unbelievable combinations. Most of the regs play 35/20 and they are not capable of folding TPTK/OP. In my opinion, there is good rakeback which is 27% + welcome bonus.

@Craig

I do agree with you but when you look at the situation I 3bet PF a guy who looks fishy, obviously, he can have anything to call me with. However, I wouldn't ever suppose that he could be calling me with hand like 79o. I supposed he could call me with AK, AQ, AJ, AT, JJ+ or perhaps all the PP. If it was a reg, I would be obviously more cautious. Anyway, I do agree that it's better to check it back and we probably do not have 3 streets of value on such board. The best hand I would think he can have are jacks or 89s but even 89s don't make any sense to call me with OOP.