Quiz of the Week: FL - How do you play overcards?

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Overcards are definitely a tricky subject for almost anyone, whether we are talking about a beginner or an established player who is over the basics of poker. In case you want to go back to this topic and read more about it, we suggest you read the article called Overcards 2.0 before taking the quiz.

Do you know how to work with odds and pot odds? Do you know when to continue with your overcards and when you should simply drop them? If so, don't hesitate and click here to take this week's quiz: FL - How do you play overcards?

Let us know what you think about the quiz:
      - how was it overall?
      - how many points did you get?
      - is there something you would have done differently? why?

Discuss!
  • 12 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      13/18!

Good quiz, unimproved overs are the hardest hands to play imo - I'm gonna re-read the article and so should you =D
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      Same result as terror i know i dont play them to good so im also back to reading :)
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      You achieved a total of 16 out of 18 possible points. This corresponds to 89 %!

I should really switch to FL but I like NL better
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You achieved a total of 14 out of 18 possible points. This corresponds to 78 %!

Nice quiz. I fail at multiwaypots. I guess I'm not used to them anymore. ;)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I fail at folding :(
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I fail at folding :(
      #2, 10/18 :evil:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I had intended not to put my score up cause I know I suck at playing overcards post flop - however at 12/18 I'm clearly not alone :) - although I tried to answer while going through my notes from the Overcards article... perhaps I just suck at applying clear principals :(

AWESOME quiz topic - hopefully careful study of the answers will improve my post flop game appreciably - thanks HEAPS!!! :D
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      15/18. An okay result for me.

I wish I had the same amount of time to think it through when I'm in my game. Overcards is definitly where I loose most money.

But the other day I took down a pot of about 15BB with KJ on my hand on a QQT87 board - 3 spades. I have no idea what hand villain could possibly call my horrible river bet with :D
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      15/18. I think it's good given the fact that I didn't even read the article. :) But now I think I should take a look at it.
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      11/18 i must admit that i am also bad at folding :/
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      I did the quiz again and I have 3 questions from it:

At question 1 it sais: "It's a dry board and the UTG bets into more than 2 opponents, so you give yourself 3 outs." But I also have a backdoor flush draw. How many outs should I give for my BDFD? The board is paired so I think I have less than 1.5 outs for the BDFD.

Question 6: "You have two back-door flush draws and a 0-gap BDSD which is worth 1.5 outs." "You can give yourself 1out for the Q high 1-card BDFD."
      Why the BDSD has 1.5 outs and the BDFD only 1? I didn't find anything in the article. I understand why the BDFD has 1 out, but I don't understand why the BDSD has so many outs.

Question 10: "As you have learned in the article (1 opponent on a 1-suited board), you discount the tainted outs by half and thus deduct 2 outs from the initial 5 outs"
      I understand this, but what article? I didn't find that explication in the article about overcards.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      1) Could be that he just didn't see the backdoorflushdraw or it wasn't intened to be in here. Maybe the creator will have a look at it here.
      One of the hand I called as well. ;)

2) I couldn't find the english article for it. There is a german article where it was calculated how much a backdoordraw is worth and a 3-connected backdoorstraightdraw was 1,5 outs worth. Maybe it get's translated soon.

3) Good point. I couldn't find it either.