HELP! Pokerstars have banned and seized 8000$!.

• mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      pokerstars have banned and seized my $8000 dollars after i won a tournament due to a 'random' security check which shows that i am associated with a player i do not know of. .
  • 354 replies
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      Well, have you contacted PokerStars support? I don't think they would do that just because... If it's a mistake try and talk to them
    • mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      yes i did....

Hello Mohamed,

We have completed our review and come to the conclusion that you were previously closed on PokerStars due to a security issue under your former user name 'badaman007'. At that time, you were the recipient of a chip dump at the tables with funds stemming from a fraudulent deposit by 'nawazz'. You were informed you may be considered for reinstatement but only once you and 'nawazz' provided documentation to show you are two different people.

Rather than comply with our request, you circumvented it by creating duplicate accounts such as 'huge-ayri' and 'huge_kcid'. One of these duplicate accounts even used your very email address: badaman007@hotmail.com.

Most recently, you created the account 'mulal32' with the registered email address: badaman007@hotmail.com. Aside from your email handle being the same as your previously closed account 'badaman007', it was even used to create another duplicate account of 'badaman007' as mentioned before. Despite being an obvious duplicate account, your response to our inquiry regarding 'badaman007' was: "I do not know the player in question".

Your actions are a direct violation of our terms of service which states:

10.4. A User may only have one User account with PokerStars and shall only use the Service using such single account. It is prohibited for a User to open multiple accounts with PokerStars. In the event that PokerStars becomes aware of additional accounts opened by a User, PokerStars may close such additional accounts without notice and may confiscate funds held in such additional accounts.

The full terms of service can be found here: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/

Your new account 'mulal32' as now been closed and any funds within have been seized.

You are not welcome back on our site. Please be aware that any future accounts created or used by you to access our games will be closed without notice and will have all funds seized.

Regards,

Justin T.
      PokerStars Game Integrity
    • mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      Hello again,
      May I just start by congratulating you on your absurd investigation. I do not know a player in poker stars called badaman007. I aquired 'badaman007@hotmail.com' a few years back from a friend and was not aware he used the email address for what ever accounts that are in question. As far as I am aware that is not a violation of terms. Mulal32 is the only account I have ever had and surely if account were opened under my name I would have been underage and not allowed to open these accounts. You assume that I know 'badaman007' because they have the same name as my email but I am sure many player names conflict with emails. I really do not understand your assumptions as I can not relate to your explanation as I am not the named player in question. To re iterate, mulal32 is my one and only account, acquired the email roughly 3 years ago from a friend who stated he did not want it anymore, I was young and did not have an email address. I did not make any fraudulent plays or transactions on my one and only account and won the tournament fair and square. Thank you for pointing out your terms and conditions and now I am aware that you are violating your own terms and conditions by wrongfully banning me based on assumptions. I am now in contact with the gambling regulatory commission and ombudsman and they think what you have done is absurd. I am going to contact the media to highlight the poor job and decision that you have made and maybe should reconsider your role in the company. I am sure they will be excited about the fact that pokerstars allowed me to deposit and lose money and when I win a fair amount I get out under investigation.
      Once again I congratulate you on such a poor job, you do not belong in such a big reputable company.

P.S my lawyers would like a copy of your investigation and solid proof (no assumptions) that every player named is the same player or whatever your ridiculous assumptions were. I request this information on the bases of the 'freedom of information act'.
      This matter will be takes further and re instating and releasing my funds is not a good enough conclusion anymore, I will be hoping for a nice bit of compensation.

Not so king regards,
      M Naja
    • Gawdless73
      Gawdless73
      Bronze
      Dude you're so busted, you'll never see a nickel. Coming here with this story is laughable. Pokerstars doesn't just randomly do things like this without proof or they would be out of business. Good luck with it though.
    • mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      how am i busted? what have i done worng?
    • mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      wrong*
    • Hesticus
      Hesticus
      Weren't you supposed to comply with their request by providing proof of documentation that you are two different people?
    • mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      yes i have done this. Apparantly badaman007 was made around 10 years ago, i was 12 years old back then when chips for me we still a form of potato.
    • Hesticus
      Hesticus
      Ok, so how did you exactly proof that you and badaman007 were 2 different people?
    • mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      i sent them my i.d when i made my first account 2 years ago (mulal32). i also sent them my id again when requested a few weeks ago. i do not know if 'badaman007' also did this 10 years ago.
    • Hesticus
      Hesticus
      I see. Then it is indeed a good idea to consult a lawyer.
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      Well, I don't think you should've created another account, but since you did and you have this problem... better talk to a lawyer.
    • mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      tieppofer i did not create another account this is my first and only account. the email i have man have been used 10 years ago to create another account but not by me. Thanks for the advice guys.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      So you borrowed an Hotmail e-mail address, presumably you would also know this guy?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Its a bit scummy of them to wait for you to win 8k then shut down the account.

But at the same time, I am having a hard time believing you would just get a friends email address instead of just creating your own??? It's not like email accounts are something hard to come by, and it doesn't make sense to give someone else your acct that is probably still gonna receive some emails directed to you.

Even if you're telling the truth, I'd guess you have no real recourse because you are playing on an email account linked to an account that has been caught cheating and email address was probably warned several times not to create any new accounts . This "friend" of yours probably is not that good a friend, and imo seeing a lawyer is a waste of money.
    • manosellas
      manosellas
      Bronze
      I got the impression that if deposit made will not be in there was problem but rather sources to do adoption money and remember that are illegal :fouet:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Cool story bro.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I don't buy it. I had an e-mail address over 10 years ago (I believe I was under 10yr old when I had my first) and you are saying that you didn't have an e-mail address until you were 16 or something? And instead of creating your own free hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc. account you started using your friends old account? That doesn't make any sense. Why don't you ask your friend who created the previous accounts with that e-mail to send his documents so you can prove you are two different people? PokerStars also has IP logs which will tell if you have logged in to these accounts using the same computer.

If what you are saying is true, you are in a really fucked up situation and contacting a lawyer might be a good idea. You can also contact Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission. I really want to know what happens with this case so keep us posted.

Ps. Freedom of information act is US law and it is about getting information from government so you can't ask their investigation documents based on that.
    • mulal32
      mulal32
      Basic
      I, like others, have many email addresses, the 'friend' in question does not even remember having a poker stars account (10years ago) it is not something pivotal in life to remember for such a long period of time. I have been playing on my one and only account for around 2 years winning and losing minor tournament. I find it funny that once I win a big tournament that is when i get banned. They are saying I am banned because I have more than one account which is not true. I'm sure they can check where I set up the account (my residence). Because of an email user 10 years ago by my 'friend' dad brother dog or whoever used it, I don't see how i should be out of pocket $8000. I have verified my identity and I do not see it as against the rules even if I did use an email address that has been registered before. I'm here just to ask for advice and help not to get mocked. Anyone can say I am a liar or I am telling the truth but the fact of the matter is someone is posting on here (me) trying to find help. Thank you for those who are trying to give constructive feedback.