poker blog of jachis

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Im 20 years old ex-student of computer science from Latvia. Dropped out of Univerity after the first year. Didnt found it as interesting as I thought it would be.

I think I was introduced to poker about year ago, I played and still play with my friends almost every weekend.We play very weird structured cash game :) First online expierience was in prima network which offered quite good freerolls, did also deposit some small money time to time, but always lost it. Then somehow I got here, got my starting capital, and lost it quite fast. I really didnt like SSS, found it quite boring and it was hard to multi-table more than 4tables because of my laptops 15" monitor. In September, I won 3 dollars in prima network, and managed to grind up to 240$. I cashed out and deposited 100$ in party poker, because its assigned to pokerstrategy, and I can earn strategy points and improve my knowledge.

Here's my graph since 27th November, I play NL10 BSS FR,my BR :265$

My december goals are:

1) Play atleast 40k hands
      2) Attend as much coachings as possible
      3) Reread all the silver and gold articles
      4) Post all the hands in which I didnt know what to do
      5) Have profit
      6) Be prepared to transfer from FR to SH (hopfully in January)
  • 11 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      So its almost the end of the month so here's an update. NL10 FR went quite good and today I played my first NL25 session, still FR but hopefully some time in January Ill be able to transit to SH.

Here's my this monts graph.

Acomplished most of my goals, only dont think I didnt post to many hands this month. Im trying to attend as much coachings possible and everything is going quite well.

My January goals

* Play 50k hands
      * Re-read the articles and watch a lot of videos
      * Post much more hands
      * Have profit
      * Transfer to SH
      * Weekly update this blog

Happy New Year everybody! Good luck next year.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      hey jachis
      i didn't know u started a blog'
      gl beatingNL25
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Thanks,
      Today I played a short 500hand session, didnt stack off anyone but still ended 2BI up. So I think Nl25 is quite beatable.

Also I'd like to hear oppinions about Jackpot tables. In one coaching, if I remeber correct, Tribun said rake is like -4bb/100 (maybe im totaly wrong :) ) At the moment I'm avoiding them, but also somewhere I read that if Jackpot is big enough its ev+ to play these tables, any oppinions?
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      that are some solid graphs u have :)
      keep it up!
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Very good graphs man, I am playing NL25 too currently, I am afraid of you :D I play SH tho.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I count last week the first of the january, so heres my report.

Things didnt go to well, Im not losing, but havent won much either. Seems like Im in neverending swings. Its so hard to win some money and everyone is sucking out on me, just today 2 times KK sucked out on my AA. Well I know it happens, and is ok, but it still pisses me off :)

Few days earlier I started to use a nice soft called Party tools. Its for free and It allows me to do some a bit advanced table selection then usualy. Dont know how does this affect my results, but hopefully it will help me beat the Nl25 and move up :)

This is my january graph

Im happy about the non-showdown winnings, but the showdown are to swingy.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi jachis! Nice graphs you have here indeed, really good work.

If you are able to be break-even during a downswing or maybe just despite some bad beats it's a good thing so you shouldn't be worried.

I'd downloaded party tools myself but was not able to use the table selection cause I had some problem with my postgreSQL database, but I'm working on it so hopefully I'll be able to try them out soon.

GL
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      These swings actually arent so big, the thing is I just moved to Nl25 so I could say I play with a bit scared money. On NL10 I didnt care if I lost 5BI in one sesion, but now 4BI is almost 20% of my BR. I think everythink will be fine when Ill get NL25 in my comfort zone :)
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Hi guys, last week was really bad, I played only 2 days (other 5 days I was in hospital :) ), and had to cash out 200 bucks, so Im back to Nl10. Well actually it isnt that bad, first time in my short poker career Im moving down a limit, and it could be good expierience in a different way. If I can easily do it now, I hope it wont be to hard it bigger limits having big downswings :)

This week Ill try to grind a lot and get the last 500 points for my 100$ bonus. If everything will go well Ill be back in NL25 in notime :D
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi jachis! I hope you'll be able to get back to NL25 and beat it in no-time ;) . I think I saw you at the table today (I'm also playing NL10 on Party atm) so maybe we'll have a chance to play some hands against each other.

GL&Regards:
      Pete
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Hi, so last month kind of sucked a lot, after cashing those 200$ bucks out, I had only 20BI for NL10 and for about four days I just couldnt win anything. Luckily I cleared my 100$ bonus.
      Also all the time I run so bad, I studied my game a lot, read a lot of articles, went trough a bunch of my hands and hopefully pluged some leaks.
      Last few days were quite ok, and if It will go good, Ill be back to NL25 in no time :)

here's my graph
      First 15k hands are in NL25, the rest in NL10