This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Help needed from SnG pros!

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      I am a cash player, I already know the basics of poker I think ;) But I need to play the best as i can in Hyperturbo SnGs... if you have any resource I can read to win an edge in these type of tournaments, I would be very thankful!

Type: Hyper Turbo SnG
      Number of players: 6 players
      Starting Chips: 500
      Blinds Structure:
      Level 1: 25/50 Ante 10
      Level 2: 50/100 Ante 20
      Level 3: 100/200 Ante 40
      Level 4: 200/400 Ante 80

Hands/Level: 9

It's a pretty fast tournament! But it's not push or fold, so... I think one can have an edge
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Volrath89,
      Your starting stack is 10 BB -- so some hands are open shove right out of the box.

6 players at the table, but how many total?

Assuming 6 total, check out this:
      HoldemResources Nash Results

Play with the payout structure and other parameters to your heart's content.

But the point is that according to this tool, UTG can shove almost 1/4 of all hands.

These aren't for the faint of heart...
      Cheers,
      VS
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, Volrath89,
      Your starting stack is 10 BB -- so some hands are open shove right out of the box.

6 players at the table, but how many total?

Assuming 6 total, check out this:
      HoldemResources Nash Results

Play with the payout structure and other parameters to your heart's content.

But the point is that according to this tool, UTG can shove almost 1/4 of all hands.

These aren't for the faint of heart...
      Cheers,
      VS
      Thank you!

Very useful!

The PU/CA/OC columns mean Push, Call, Overcall, right? (took me a while to make sense of them hehe)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Volrath89
      The PU/CA/OC columns mean Push, Call, Overcall, right? (took me a while to make sense of them hehe)
      To be honest, I don't think I ever noticed those before -- maybe they're new.

Your guess is better than Punjab University, California, Oral Contraceptive. :coolface:

(I get silly when I get tired)
      VS