AK and QQ in ZOOM! Fullring

• Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      hello guys, latetly i having trouble playing my AK and QQ pre flop.
      Do you guys go all in whit 100bb+ pre flop whit ak and qq against unknows?
      in zoom you always face against AA.
  • 9 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m not to much in to FR cash games, but I wouldn’t stack off AK or QQ against a unknown for 100BB+ effective pre-flop. I expect the average player will play to tight to make this kind of stack offs profitable on the long run.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      Always stack off with AK and QQ preflop in full ring, because they always might have JJ and AQ.

Just like in the game of chess: Always give check, because it always might be a checkmate.
    • SirPaulius
      SirPaulius
      Bronze
      I have ~40k hands in a ZOOM NL2/5 FR. You should never stack off AK/QQ unless you have some reads. Sometimes not even pushing KK, cause mostlly you get called only by AA's (well maybe i was just too big nit).
    • la55i
      la55i
      I did some filtering. I have aroud 60k hands but they are from 6max so it might be a bit different in full ring. I think villains range when he shoves or calls your shove is KK+, AK and a few combos of AQ,QQ,JJ and TT. Agains this range AK has around 40% equity. QQ is doing a tiny bit better. I not sure if we should stack off with AK or QQ vs unknown but if we do I don't think it's a big mistake.
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      I agree with sdk and sirpaulius you shouldn't be stacking off pre-flop with QQ and AK.
      After the 5-bet is almost always pocket aces. Best case scenario for you it's a flip.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I have to disagree with that it would almost always be AA. But almost always it is a flip. Is it better to invest almost half of our stack and fold or start flipping?
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      I have to disagree with that it would almost always be AA. But almost always it is a flip. Is it better to invest almost half of our stack and fold or start flipping?
      That's how it is in Full-Ring. 5-bet means AA or a stubborn KK, AK most of the time. Too many nits that the only thing they do is wait for these hands to stack off someone.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      when i played full ring zoom a few years ago, it was really bad indeed. i would recommend against shipping it in micros by default as well
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Basiclly in Full ring everyone is nit, in 6max you can get AQ 99+ somtimes even AJ from fishis, so 6max is way to go!!