[IDEA] PokerStrategy Poker League [Unofficial]

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey all,

With winter on it's way for most of the community (except for those upside down geezers in the Southern Hemisphere) and with traffic here at PokerStrategy seemingly at an all time low I thought it would be fun to propose to you a bit of community fun!

I'd like to set up a poker league that is open to anyone here at PokerStrategy.com!

I'm open to talking about terms and conditions etc but here is what I had in mind personally.

1. Open a Home Games Club on PokerStars and run it there.
      2. Buyin $20. People send $20 to enter the league. Each tournament costs 11c.
      3. Run one tournament per week on a set day at a set time. Thursdays at 8pm WET.
      4. Run 10 tournaments
      5. Your best 10 tournament results count. So that if you miss a few weeks it doesn't matter.

Everything is obviously negotiable just interested in peoples opinions on this!

Thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Wow! Nobody?
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      The idea itself isn't new - there's PKR community league already (see the forum at PKR's site).

I guess there aren't too many people here who would like to spend time on playing a looong league vs a lineup of regs.

I suspect that PKR's league is beatable (the active posters of their forum are mainly recreational), it's just that it's too cheap for me.

In the case of a Pokerstrategy league, I don't care that much about losing the money, but I hate the feeling of being tortured by MTT regs.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      The idea itself isn't new - there's PKR community league already (see the forum at PKR's site).

No, this isn't re-inventing the wheel for sure.

I guess there aren't too many people here who would like to spend time on playing a looong league vs a lineup of regs.

Duration is up for consideration, don't think 10 weeks is looooooong.

I suspect that PKR's league is beatable (the active posters of their forum are mainly recreational), it's just that it's too cheap for me.

Don't really care about PKR or any other one.

In the case of a Pokerstrategy league, I don't care that much about losing the money, but I hate the feeling of being tortured by MTT regs

It's a bit of fun, trying to get the community together for a laugh. Nothing serious!