Thazar on the MTT journey

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi

most of the ancients of this site will know me as I was an avid cash game player, a frequent poster on the Pokerstrategy, as well as a moderator.
      for nearly a year now I have been playing mostly MTTs mostly because of the time I have left after work and family. I therefore tend to restrict my poker time to Sunday evenings only and try to play most majors on stars and FTP

I have had some decent results with MTTs over the last year and will try to keep this blog up to date to keep a record of my progress

starting BR $50
      Target BR $1000
  • 163 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I played a few micro limits MTTs yesterday and FT'ed one of them, $0.82, $1.5K guarrantee for $86 for 5th position (2651 entrants). Just messing around, as I have withdrawn most of my BR bar $50 to help the cash flow or moving house. I might be able to deposit before this weekend otherwise I'll just have to build up from scratch again :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      registered for 40 tournaments today, all micro limits
      fingers crossed :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      3 tables left...
      FTed one finished 7th with AQ < 97. this could have made a difference :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey thazar,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Are you planning to play the 'Common Cents' series?

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Lazza

I will definitely play the common cents series!

but now time to try to get a Glastonbury ticket!!!
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Glasto tickets sold out in 30 minutes... No luck there :)

Off for a busy day now and hopefully will have time for a little grind tonight and hoping to squeeze in the Red Spade Open although it is going completely out of BRM :)

First, off to wash the car :P
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      played another 23 tournaments yesterday... did not do great.... I have a chance today I will do a review

first week review:
      108 MTTs (probably higher volume that I will normally put in a week but let's see)
      BR at $140.95(282% increase - I guess all due to volume)

tonight start of the common cents series. I will play as many as I can this week
      As BRM I will try to keep for now an AVG BI under $3

Also I passed my first silver step for the new FPP steps on Stars. it seems to be another way to reduce our rakeback. but since I am not a heavy grinder any more it doesn't matter so much .

I am also getting internet today in my new place so i won't have to rely on the nearby hotspot any more and should have a faster, more liable connection.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by thazar
      Hi Lazza

Be warned. If you try to steal my blinds, I will 3Bet shove.:fuckyeah:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hi Lazza

Be warned. If you try to steal my blinds, I will 3Bet shove.:fuckyeah:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      yesterday didnt go great,

played 28 tournaments, BR @ $86.54

I need to find the time to do a session review. I am pretty sure that I did some pretty suboptimal play
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Don't get why you are playing the uber micros Fab? If it's down to money then why not seek staking? You are well capable of crushing alot higher and you are probably wasting time playing so low imo
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by UPAY4DINNER
      Don't get why you are playing the uber micros Fab? If it's down to money then why not seek staking? You are well capable of crushing alot higher and you are probably wasting time playing so low imo
      I do get staked occasionally and get such a great markup that it I cba promoting staking for other tournies.
      otherwise I'll just build up and get 100% of the $$$ ;)

tbh i am not asked about the stake, I enjoy playing poker whether it is cash games or tournies...

In January i set myself a challenge to go from $10 to $3000 in a year and did it by June, that was fun

let's see this time, Id like to first reach $1000 in the next few weeks and then build up to $500K within the next year (withdrawing most of it obviously)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      no poker yesterday and today... I had some friends over for dinner last night and I am training for a marathon (only 2 weeks to go) :f_mad: and I am doing my last long run tonight before race day (20 miles or 32km)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Oh, how much did you train for the marathon? I've only been running a half marathon once and that one not even under real life conditions (simply on the treadmill).
      What will be your goal - just finish or 2:05h?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      no poker yesterday and today... I had some friends over for dinner last night and I am training for a marathon (only 2 weeks to go) :f_mad: and I am doing my last long run tonight before race day (20 miles or 32km)
      20 miles. I feel tired just thinking about it. I'm going to lie down now. :f_zZz:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      Oh, how much did you train for the marathon? I've only been running a half marathon once and that one not even under real life conditions (simply on the treadmill).
      What will be your goal - just finish or 2:05h?

Hi Sven
      I started by training a lot but then I had so much pain that I could not run any more at all. I ran 20 miles a few weeks back and then whine and limp for the next 3 weeks. I feel pretty much the same today (whining and limping) . My goal was to do it in 3:30h now it is just to finish.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      20 miles. I feel tired just thinking about it. I'm going to lie down now. :f_zZz:
      yes don't do it. it is just plain stupid to run for that long!
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      will play a small session today with 17 tournaments, still of low buy in
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      managed to break even tonight... I seem to run pretty bad this week especially when it matters but I guess breaking even is better than a loss so I should not really complain.
      Hopefully I will have better luck tomorrow and turn the week in to profit