This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing vs Agressive 3betters on the blinds 6max

• FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Bronze
      Ok so I think this is probably my weakest area, lets say that were on the CO, BTN or SB and a player behind us is just a crazy 3better what hands should I be opening? I guess I don't want to open anything I have to fold to a 3bet, what does this look like?

66-AA
      AT-AK
      Suited Broadways These are hands I plan on calling against a 3bet (probably4bet for value the big hands)

A9-A2s
      KQo-KJo could I 4bet bluff these hands? Do I even have any kind of folding equity vs this player? Do I even need it since these hands are probably better then villains 3betting range :f_biggrin:

Any advice would be great thanks
  • 4 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      If you know that villain on the blinds 3bets a lot you can open a little bit tighter. If you face a 3bet you can start 4betting him or calling and check raising on the flop. If he 3bets too much he will often fold to 4bet.
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Bronze
      yeah start calling him with what hands and 4betting what hands,

Also check raising a flop with what? with air?
    • la55i
      la55i
      If I notice that one player 3bets me a lot from the blinds I might start 4betting with ATo+ and then maybe wider. We don't 4bet him every time so he doesn't understand that we are exploiting him. When he starts 5betting or calling a lot we have to change our tactic. We can check raise with air, drawing hands or made hands, don't really care as long as he is folding. If he re-steals with very wide range he will be folding to check raises a lot. This applies if you have certain dynamics with villain and he really is re-stealing a lot. There is plenty of material about defensing blinds and facing a 3bet. I suggest you go them through.
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Bronze
      yeah I think I will watch some of the videos