"The Drunkard's Walk" – Let's together towards the top :)

• phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      My situation

Hello, my name is Paulo , iam 30 years old. I live in a small city in Brazil, near from florianópolis in region south from country. I like to stay home, reading and watching TV (especially football and movies), also like to lift weights and play sports.
      I would like to apologize because my English is really bad , I hope you understand what I write.

MY poker story

I met poker in 2009, and I started playing on line just to have fun,
      I gained some money, very little, but it was enough for me to fall in love and buy a few things. So I searched for some poker school to learn how to play. At the time I was playing NL 2 SH /FR in 20 tables at the same time , playing like a robot.
      After arriving on NL25 SH ,I started having financial difficulties and stopped playing,in addition to financial difficulties, also had many personal problems that prevented me to take the most serious poker.However, every time I could, I played and visited the poker forums I knew.
      So from the beginning of 2015 have had more time to play, and decided to find a way to improve my game, I talked to some players offering classes, however the price for the classes was too high for me, so I kept playing to raise money with intend to buy a package of classes.

A big hug to all!!! Let’s together towards the top !!
  • 40 replies
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Finally finished all the “steps” and I can start playing soon.. I am very happy!!!
      I have yet to settle on which limit will play. Meanwhile Following watching videos and studying.

This week probably will post my first graph.
      :f_drink:
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Finally started playing, this is my first graph, after I entered. Basically I played NL10, and the first day some hand NL2.
      I started in NL2 because I was a few days without playing, and there were many new things for me to add to my game. Most hands in graph are in NL10.
      I have a lot of mistakes in my game, and I have to improve, so at the beginning I am focusing more on improving my game, study.

• phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Another update. Last hands played since the last graph.
      Days 20..21 … 22 and 23 .
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      short update.

This week has been difficult. Many problems with my internet. It’s raining a lot here a part of town that flooded so beyond bad internet have electric power failures. Today this is impossible to play all the time my internet goes down.

Tomorrow will complete 15 days playing poker since I joined. Unfortunately I’m about 12 BIs negative in NL10. But I feel good. I am studying hard. I may never have dedicated so much to poker. I’m sure I will soon reap the rewards.

This week I had some goals to complete. Week is ending tomorrow.

these are the goals:

Main goal: Play 20k hands and at least 40 hours in this week.

Sub goal #1: Post at least 10 hands on forum and comment at least another 10 hands.

Sub goal #2: wake up early to study.

Sub goal #3: Improve my english. Study english 5 hour this week.

It is likely that I can not complete the main goal is to play 40 hours and 20K hands. This is due to problems with the internet and also why I have to work during the week which made me less time to poker. Tomorrow will post the graph with the results of 15 days of play.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Paulo,

Nice Blog. Your English is very good!
      I look forward to reading more about your progress in the coming months.
      Some thing you may be interested in is the Bank Roll Challenge. Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!

My regards and good luck at the tables :f_drink:

Matt
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      On Sunday, 01.11.2015. Completed the second week of play.
      I’ll let the graph of hand I played at PokerStars.

Pokerstars total hands = 9379
      Time played : 18h 47m
      Profit : -35$

Pokerking total hands = 2075

Time played : 7h

Profit: -22

Week 2
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hi Paulo,

Nice Blog. Your English is very good!
      I look forward to reading more about your progress in the coming months.
      Some thing you may be interested in is the Bank Roll Challenge. good or bad player

My regards and good luck at the tables :f_drink:

Matt
      :f_drink: thank you! I'll try!
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Overall result : -36 euros

I started with : 850 euros around 940 dollars

now I have : 814 euros around 897 dollars

The bankroll did not decrease much because of some bonus that released on PokerStars.

General graph from the day 10.15.2015 until 01.11.2015. (Pokerstars)…There are a few more hands in poker king that are not in this graph. In total we are about 13 BIs of NL10 negative, adding stars (Graphical) + PokerKings theres not in the graph.

• phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Last week fails to complete the main goal that was 40 hours of gameplay and 20k hands at least. The other goals were all completed.

New Goals for this week :

Main goal: Play 20k hands and at least 40 hours in this week.

Sub goal #1: Post at least 10 hands on forum and comment at least another 10 hands/ Practice Uhlvar Equity.

Sub goal #2: review every session that i make in the week.

Sub goal #3: Improve my english. Study english 5 hour this week.
    • alonohara
      alonohara
      Bronze
      haha, I remembered this book:

GL :f_thumbsup:
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      week 3

Another week hard many hours devoted to poker. I feel my game is better despite the poor results. I have watched many videos and revised sections. I took lots of bad beats, but this happens to everyone and is no excuse for such poor results.
      What am I going to do? Continue studying, playing a lot.

Total hands in this week: ~ 10k hands

Time played: ~ 24 hours

Current bankroll: 786 dollars or 729 euros

• phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alonohara
      haha, I remembered this book:

GL :f_thumbsup:

Yes you are right . The title is because of this book. :s_biggrin: Is a really good book.

GL for you!! :s_drink:
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Overall result : – 121 euros

I started with : 850 euros around 940 dollars

now I have : 729 euros around 786 dollars

And I hope to do a great week. Good luck to all.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello phgmor,

Good to see your latest blog. Sorry to hear you are having quite a few bad beats.

Another week hard many hours devoted to poker. I feel my game is better despite the poor results. I have watched many videos and revised sections. I took lots of bad beats, but this happens to everyone and is no excuse for such poor results.
      What am I going to do? Continue studying, playing a lot.
      My poker partner advised me the first rule to a good balance in poker is 80/20. 80% play, 20% learning.
      Also try not to over load your self with too much. Don't worry about not hitting your all your goals as this will effect your decision making at the tables. Small steps make big differences!
      One question I have is, how much time are you allocating to relaxation and time off work?
      Otherwise I think you are doing well considering the bad luck you have encountered.

My Regards

Matt
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      week 4

This week I started playing NL10 and also played some NL2.

I’m trying to play 40 hours week, but the maximum I could get was 26 hours. At least we were not negative.

The graph below is hand played on PokerStars. I also played at PokerKings.
      $ 25 positive in this week. 5$ on pokerstars and 20$ on Pokerkings.

• phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hello phgmor,

Good to see your latest blog. Sorry to hear you are having quite a few bad beats.

My poker partner advised me the first rule to a good balance in poker is 80/20. 80% play, 20% learning.
      Also try not to over load your self with too much. Don't worry about not hitting your all your goals as this will effect your decision making at the tables. Small steps make big differences!
      One question I have is, how much time are you allocating to relaxation and time off work?
      Otherwise I think you are doing well considering the bad luck you have encountered.

My Regards

Matt
      Hy metalmonkey80.

Thanks for the words and follow.

I'm not allocating much time to relaxation and time off work because besides poker I have a job six hours a day, so for me poker is my fun for now. I am Working as a lumberjack (not sure if that's the word in English) ... the work is remove trees from the forest and turn into boards, doors, ...e other things.

Now I'm a little more relaxed, but at the beginning of the progam I was pretty insecure. First because I'm not a person who likes to show up, I'm a very shy person. I'm the type who does not speak/talk with other people and do not go out of my house much.

My results so far are not just bad luck made many mistakes. More mindset errors than technical errors. I was playing very tired and without stopping. This week I learned to just stop. I started to determine how long I will play and no matter WHAT happens I have to leave the tables on time.

I agree with you on everything u said especially 80/20 rule.
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      WEEK 5

This week I continued playing NL2 even having a comfortable bankroll to NL10, the reason for me to have descended limit is because I was going very badly in NL10 was committing many errors and often played very tired.

I was on a job 6 hours a day and this week started a new job that takes me 10 hours day. So I’m still getting used since I have to sleep less.

This week I played 23 hours about 12k hands (Pokerstars 6 to 9 regular tables). I watched some videos again. I analyzed all sections using the filters and realized I’m making less and less mistakes.

NL2 week 5 - 54$ Positive

• phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      WEEK 6

This week was very complicated to play poker. Many problems to solve at work. Recently started a new job, take care of a gym and as there were many things to change was no time to play poker this week. However as soon as I solve problems at work I'll have time again.
      I’m waking up early to play, however I feel very tired.
      I am in NL5 and finished another positive week. I will end this week in NL5 and next come back to nl 10.

Win = 44$

I would like to thank the support of the Poker strategy. You guys are very good!!!! :f_drink:
      you guys are fast , agile and very polite. :f_love:
    • phgmor
      phgmor
      Bronze
      week 7

I returned to NL10. It was not a great result, but at least I back to NL10.

Profit this week = $ 46

About 20hrs played and ~10k hands.