(Currently quit) Get Rich or Die Tryin' - From €10.74 to... enough to continue budget traveling!

• rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      I'm Aaron, a 22 year old Western Australian who has been away for 13 months now around Europe for my gap year(s) while i decide what study / career path i'd like to take during my life. Always have been interested in poker, but have never put in time to study and improve my game as well as being a very micro volume player until roughly these last 6 months. My only main poker "success" has come recently while i have been here in Europe where i signed up to ps.fr and for 2 months turned €100 into €3.2k which i then used to travel for ~3 months.

Basically my goal is to continue doing this for the meantime, earn enough to continue traveling and exploring Europe. But for the moment, i do not want to deposit money into my poker account, so since the start of this month with €10.74 left in my account i chose to start grinding the lowest buy-in game i could find. 0.25c spin n go!
      Never had any experience playing these before, but HU hypers has always been my favourite game so i'm somewhat comfortable with short stack play. My goal was to play an average of 100 games per day, but playing on a 13' macbook pro anything more than 4 tables i found to be too squished, so im well below that average daily goal as i didn't always have the time.

In 13 months, 6 have been spent living with my relatives in France and doing odd jobs, the remaining 7 have been spent traveling... So far i've been to 20 countries, staying roughly a few weeks in each country but only a few days in each city/town. At this very moment i'm in France, but i'm not staying with my relatives. I'm working through a site called workaway. These jobs you find are unpaid, but in return to the work you do they "pay" you by feeding you and giving you accommodation. A perfect thing for travellers who want to settle down for a while. They can range from Working on a farm, fruit picking, house sitting or being a language teacher for the family. For me at the moment, i'm house sitting while looking after 2 dogs, aswell as other odd jobs around the house. So i have some free time to myself aswell.

Here is my graph September graph for 25c spins, i think i can start including $1 spins soon:

Since i am playing on ps.fr im playing in €, but my pokertracker graph is showing up in aud $.
      Included in the roll is a €10 bonus from fpp points.

Starting br: €10.74
      Current br: €49.99
  • 24 replies
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      So i discovered the Get Rich or Die Tryin' thread tonight and decided to join in with the bankroll challenge. Hopefully it will give me more incentive to play and keep updating my blog as much as possible. €10.74 to €1000.
      First 3 days into the month and volume wise is going on track, have all been winning days aswell. Also have quite a few HH's id like to start putting up since i started playing last month, hopefully some people will start reading this and help with any hh evaluations! :f_drink:

Does anyone know of any spin n go skype groups and threads where we can share and chat about hands etc? Would be very useful for me as im basically a new player still to this game style.

Still haven't added any €1 spins yet, dont think i feel comfortable enough yet.

Starting br: €10.74
      Current br: €56.49
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Aaron,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Today was a rough session, never thought it was possible to tilt playing only 25c games but when you go on an almost 20 games losing streak it definitely got into my head. So ended up taking a break around the 90th game mark to recompose. I think i should set myself a stop loss, anyone recommend what could be an appropriate amount?

Favourite hand of the day:
      PokerStars - €0.23+€0.02|10/20 NL (3 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 500
      SB: 500
      BB: 500

SB posts SB 10, BB posts BB 20

Pre Flop: (pot: 30) Hero has A:club: 5:club:

Hero raises to 40, fold, BB raises to 60, Hero calls 20

Flop: (130, 2 players) 4:club: 7:heart: 3:heart:
      BB bets 20, Hero raises to 70, BB raises to 120, Hero raises to 397, BB raises to 440 and is all-in, Hero calls 43 and is all-in

Turn: (1,010, 2 players) 9:club:

River: (1,010, 2 players) K:spade:

BB shows T:club: 6:heart: (High Card, King)

Hero shows A:club: 5:club: (High Card, Ace)

Hero wins 1,010

One of my main goals is to start learning how to use my hud properly, only problem so far being that i have yet to have found a single reg since i started playing so any stats are being too helpful. I'm not really expecting to find other regs for this buyin amount anyway i guess, once i move to the €1 maybe it'll change.

Todays session: -€4.00
      Current br: €52.49
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Another not so great session for today. Got unlucky in handful of 6x and a 10x but nothing to stress about. Anyway volume wise so far im very happy for this month, will manage to smash last months volume. Just not too happy with the end result of only like €1 profit for the last 6 days.

Today's WTF hand of the day:

BTN: 530
      SB: 410
      Hero (BB): 560

SB posts SB 10, Hero posts BB 20

Pre Flop: (pot: 30) Hero has J:club: K:club:

fold, SB calls 10, Hero raises to 60, SB calls 40

Flop: (120, 2 players) 5:heart: 5:spade: 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 60, SB calls 60

Turn: (240, 2 players) A:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 140, SB calls 140

River: (520, 2 players) T:diamond:
      SB bets 20, Hero raises to 300 and is all-in, SB calls 130 and is all-in

Hero shows J:club: K:club: (One Pair, Fives)
      (Pre 71%, Flop 75%, Turn 74%)
      SB shows 2:club: T:club: (Two Pair, Tens and Fives)
      (Pre 29%, Flop 25%, Turn 26%)
      SB wins 820

Todays graph

Todays session: -€2.5
      Current br: €49.99
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      So today i finally decided to add the €1 spins about half way into the session, was playing mostly 2x .25c and 2x €1. I will say, i was expecting to see somewhat of a big difference between the playing styles of the 'autoshove anyhand' 25c players compared to the €1 players. But no, its pretty much all the same crap still haha. Which is good for me obviously! But of course can be very very frustrating at times still.

Anyway... The graph of today:

BINK! :f_drink: Happy to say my biggest winning day so far! Very good start, hopefully can continue like this.
      Just to show you how well the €1's were actually for me... :) Shipped 4/5 6x jackpots losing the 5th JJ vs 55 he openshoved 1st hand on the btn :f_ugly:

I noticed after last nights post also that my pokertracker graph doesn't seem to be 100% correct when it comes to currency conversion. Since im playing in € but my graph is being tracked as AUD$ the graph is always showing a fair bit higher than what would be correct. Such as todays graph showing $34.40 profit when im €16.50, which according to google is around $27.97. Hopefully i'll get a response back from them telling me how to fix the issue.

Some of my hands from today:
      PokerStars - €0.93+€0.07|10/20 NL (3 max) - Holdem - 2 players

SB: 450
      Hero (BB): 1,050

SB posts SB 10, Hero posts BB 20

Pre Flop: (pot: 30) Hero has 5:club: 7:heart:

SB calls 10, Hero checks

Flop: (40, 2 players) 2:diamond: 7:spade: 5:heart:
      Hero bets 40, SB calls 40

Turn: (120, 2 players) J:heart:
      Hero bets 120, SB calls 120

River: (360, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets 870 and is all-in, SB calls 270 and is all-in

Hero shows 5:club: 7:heart: (Two Pair, Sevens and Fives)
      (Pre 62%, Flop 82%, Turn 91%)
      SB shows 6:diamond: 3:club: (Straight, Seven High)
      (Pre 38%, Flop 18%, Turn 9%)
      SB wins 900
      Wouldn't mind hearing any opinions here, for the river which completes possible straight, is my shove still fine here?

Hero (BTN): 500
      SB: 500
      BB: 500

SB posts SB 10, BB posts BB 20

Pre Flop: (pot: 30) Hero has Q:spade: J:club:

Hero raises to 40, SB calls 30, fold

Flop: (100, 2 players) 7:spade: 9:club: 3:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (100, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 65, SB calls 65

River: (230, 2 players) Q:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 130, SB calls 130

Hero shows Q:spade: J:club: (One Pair, Queens)
      (Pre 74%, Flop 17%, Turn 7%)
      SB shows 3:spade: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Threes)
      (Pre 26%, Flop 83%, Turn 93%)
      SB wins 490
      Not really sure about this hand, can't see him folding anyway if i cbet flop anyway, but would like some opinions anyway.

PokerStars - €0.23+€0.02|20/40 NL (3 max) - Holdem - 2 players

SB: 600
      Hero (BB): 900

SB posts SB 20, Hero posts BB 40

Pre Flop: (pot: 60) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

SB calls 20, Hero raises to 180, SB calls 140

Flop: (360, 2 players) 2:club: 7:diamond: 4:diamond:
      Hero bets 180, SB calls 180

Turn: (720, 2 players) 6:spade:
      Hero bets 480, SB calls 240 and is all-in

River: (1,200, 2 players) T:heart:

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces)
      (Pre 88%, Flop 97%, Turn 91%)
      SB shows 8:club: K:heart: (High Card, King)
      (Pre 12%, Flop 3%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins 1,200
      This was mid session, i didn't even realise until now how big i made it preflop to 180...was a nice laugh anyway!

My favourite hand of the day:
      PokerStars - €0.93+€0.07|15/30 NL (3 max) - Holdem - 2 players

Hero (SB): 700
      BB: 800

Hero posts SB 15, BB posts BB 30

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) Hero has 9:diamond: T:club:

Hero raises to 60, BB calls 30

Flop: (120, 2 players) K:diamond: 7:diamond: 8:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets 60, BB raises to 120, Hero calls 60

Turn: (360, 2 players) 9:spade:
      BB bets 30, Hero calls 30

River: (420, 2 players) A:diamond:
      BB bets 590 and is all-in, Hero calls 490 and is all-in

BB shows 4:diamond: K:heart: (Flush, Ace High)
      (Pre 54%, Flop 46%, Turn 59%)
      Hero shows 9:diamond: T:club: (Flush, Ace High)
      (Pre 46%, Flop 54%, Turn 41%)
      Hero wins 1,400
      I'd played 2 games with this guy prior to this match, had him marked down as a fish. Enjoyed this hand, think it was for a 6x also.

Todays session: +€16.50
      Current br: €66.49
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Continued playing the 0.25c and €1 spins today, i think ill stop the 0.25c games completely starting tomorrow. Had another good day today, managed to get to 1000 games for the week, unfortunately though don't think this next week i'll be able to put in the same constant amount of volume as i have certain jobs to do. I need to stop looking at my profits or losses in terms of actual € won, but more in BI's won. Think i got a bit carried away after yesterdays profit, but in reality in terms of BI's it wasn't my biggest profit in terms of BI won in a day.

Graph of the day:

My pokertracker is playing up so will post some of todays HH tomorrow... Pretty sure noone is reading the blog anyway.. lol

Todays session: +€16.25
      Current br: €82.74
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Extremely rough last 2 days, ive had to end today session early as its just been too brutal... I'm not sure whats gone wrong here, infact i feel like there are MORE fish at these €1 games than the 0.25c. Quite a lot of runbad and bit of spewing off from tilt now i think too. The most brutal part about these games are hands like this:

PokerStars - €0.93+€0.07|15/30 NL (3 max) - Holdem - 3 players

SB: 335
      Hero (BB): 690
      BTN: 475

SB posts SB 15, Hero posts BB 30

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) Hero has 7:heart: 7:diamond:

BTN raises to 60, SB calls 45, Hero raises to 690 and is all-in, BTN calls 415 and is all-in, SB calls 275 and is all-in

Flop: (1,285, 3 players) K:heart: 4:club: 5:club:

Turn: (1,285, 3 players) 8:spade:

River: (1,285, 3 players) 7:spade:

Hero shows 7:heart: 7:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Sevens)

Main Pot [1,005]: (Pre 69%, Flop 72%, Turn 86%)
      Side Pot#1 [280]: (Pre 67%, Flop 81%, Turn 89%)

BTN shows Q:heart: 6:heart: (Straight, Eight High)

Main Pot [1,005]: (Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Side Pot#1 [280]: (Pre 33%, Flop 19%, Turn 11%)

SB shows 4:heart: Q:club: (One Pair, Fours)

Main Pot [1,005]: (Pre 12%, Flop 20%, Turn 10%)

BTN wins 1,285
      These fish are everywhere but continually manage to get there on the river. Their play makes no sense whatsoever so i can't even analyse anything and change any strategy... they'll call with absolutely anything when theres a chance to be the cl, and then when im sitting on 1.5-2bb they fold sb and play tight... wtf haha. Any way im not sure if i can continue with this right now, from €94 almost to now €49.49. I cant' go back to the 25c games the money is just too meaningless and it hard to get excited about a €2 winning day. Would have been nice to keep playing the €1 to get my €25 vip reward but im still a long way from that, need to play about 1100 more games still... at this stage my br wont last that long. Might give it a few days rest try and find a micro spin n go group to join.

Yesterdays graph:

Todays graph:

Todays+Yesterdays session: -€33.25
      Current br: €49.49
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Haven't updated in a bit, took a break from the spins and decided to take a new somewhat tight playing approach at hu nl10 and a tiny bit of nl2. Definitely wasn't rolled properly for nl10, just played it super conservatively waiting for them to make the mistakes. And it came pretty quick.. :)
      Hand #2 open shoved and im sitting with KK, that player has ended up being my main success in these 5k hands played, $92.39 profit of which $63 came from him. Because my pt4 is still messed up a bit it comes to about €45 total profit. That brought my roll back upto ~ €90.

Also managed to make a small step upto silver status and am now 88% towards my $25 unlock too!

And to the even better news, decided to jump onto 4 mtts tonight as i had some points to convert to tickets, one of which being a €10 superko which i seem to almost always run semi deep in. Managed to do the same tonight making it to HU where i lost, he began as a 5:1 chip leader and i didn't manage to climb back. That earned me a nice €182.99!
      I've managed to make it to HU 3 or 4 times in this mtt, and i remember the last time (as well as tonight) i was hu and had only 2 ko bounties. I was sitting on €18 and he was on €125. Would have been very nice to take it down, maybe next time.
      Haven't decided what ill be doing with the spins, will continue to play nl10 and some small mtts too. Very very happy with the progress ive made, even though it wasn't following the br management as i was hoping to do.

This week: €202.86
      Current br: €252.35
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Small update. Decided to get back into the routine of playing a handful of mtts most nights, only 6max or Hu though with maybe the 1 off exception of a full ring in the right circumstances. No luck as of yet, dropped the br a bit as i haven't cashed in any and cash games were breakeven for a few days. Luckily had a nice little session tonight to bring me back up a bit. Also managed to reach my €25 bonus.

Favourite Hand of the day:
      This guy is seems to be a reg, don't know if i can say he's an agro player in general, but at least preflop his 3bet % is lying around the 70-80% mark.
      PokerStars - €0.10 NL FAST (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players

Hero (SB): €14.92
      BB: €10.10

Hero posts SB €0.05, BB posts BB €0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.15) Hero has 5:club: 5:diamond:

Hero raises to €0.20, BB raises to €0.80, Hero calls €0.60

Flop: (€1.60, 2 players) 7:heart: 2:spade: 9:spade:
      BB bets €0.90, Hero calls €0.90

Turn: (€3.40, 2 players) 6:club:
      BB bets €2.16, Hero calls €2.16

River: (€7.72, 2 players) 6:heart:
      BB bets €6.24 and is all-in, Hero calls €6.24

BB shows A:spade: T:club: (One Pair, Sixes)
      (Pre 47%, Flop 32%, Turn 23%)
      Hero shows 5:club: 5:diamond: (Two Pair, Sixes and Fives)
      (Pre 53%, Flop 68%, Turn 77%)
      Hero wins €18.89

Last few days: -€37.18
      Current br: €215.17
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey there,

You have been picked as this week's Bankroll Challenger winner of a copy of The Mental Game of Poker.

I've added you as a friend via our community portal, can you confirm it and send me a message and I'll arrange your prize.

thanks

Barry
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Great! Thanks Barry

Haven't updated for a few days now but have still been playing, unfortunately haven't started posting up as much HH as i would have liked, but considering i don't think anyone is reading this anyway maybe ill just post the important hands in the Hand discussion section on the forum. Cash games have been going solid, unfortunately not the same for mtts, and got trapped in a satty r/a last night which cost me €20 and had to cut my loses and exit at the addon period.. That was painful.

Anyway, for the moment im going to stick with my nl10 cash games and try not to play any mtts for the time being. It's a bit annoying as a lot of ps.fr mtts that i want to play are all €5-15 which is a bit too high considering my br. Although i can convert my points into €30 of mtt tickets if i want to. But might try save that up as much as i can.
      Here is my nl10 graph since i start 15 days ago. Very very happy with it. Also it's still in AU$ so probably floating around the €150 mark.

Volume hasn't been great, but i am only 1 tabling (although that was mainly because i had some mtts playing too) and a lot of the time the zoom tables are completely empty or with only a few people playing. Would like to find another poker room to play at, i was thinking about Winamax since i'm in france, but i want to take advantage of a new deposit bonus so i wont open a new account until i make enough here and can withdraw and make a full deposit to take advantage of any offers. Most of my profit is still coming from 2 main players who are absolutely nuts.
      I started to realise just how ridiculously high rake is here... A €20 pot we get raked €1.30, just seems ridiculous. I'm fairly sure at least when i played on 888poker or fulltilt a few years ago a $100 pot was $1 rake. I actually found myself in a spot a few days ago where i folded the 2nd nut straight from memory it was KQ910x board and i folded because i didn't want to call the massive overbet river shove and pay so much rake with a best case scenario of a chop.

I'll post up some more graphs and HH later today.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi rubberduckie000

Congrats on winning a copy of The Mental Game of Poker. :f_drink:
      Great blog and I look forward to following your progress.

Regards

Matt
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Hey metalmonkey thanks! Good to know at least someone is reading :f_thumbsup:

Had a rough last 2 days, yesterday being my biggest losing day so far being down about €50 and experiencing my first real tilt which lost me probably 1BI making some silly hero calls. Good timing with the book on its way! Not to worry, managed to have a respectable winning day today with good volume also. Ran into a hand that i wasn't too sure what to do, most likely a very straight forward hand but in terms of how much i had to risk don't know if it was worth it. Essentially was just 88 vs AK i make my standard 2x bet pre and he auto snap shoves 100bb. Had not much history and he was a bronze status player so assuming he plays very little. Is it worth calling such a huge amount? My final decision to call was that i thought it was much more likely he had a small pair and wouldn't ever do it with JJ+.
      Had a close call last night to get a €100 ticket top 5 paid and 8 of us left. I was 3 way tied cl with 11BB and KQo on the button, shoved and called by A9o, JTx flop and didn't improve. I actually thought maybe for him that was one of those spots where he should be folding almost any hand since we had 2 guys on 1-3bb. No stress though maybe another time.

Here the graph for 2 days:

A bit frustrating seeing how much i lost on mtts, considering i've been doing ok in these cash games. So unfortunately its a losing week this time.

This week: -€36.49
      Current br: €178.68
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      GL Aaron, following!
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary!
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Mentally ive hit an all time low after todays sessions. Had a -€41.71 session which i had almost completely recovered during my 2nd session only to lose KK vs QJ on a Q82 flop and then ran down and down. Had a guy sit down with what i can only assume was his entire br of a grand total of €3.07 where i managed to chip him nicely upto €17 AQ vs 88 and then A4s vs 89o on 3s8s4 flop where he made the all-in call. Cards were just not running with me today. I know i can beat them at this level, but its truely heart crushing when you play several thousand hands to chip yourself back up only to lose it in a few hands in a row. I know thats poker though. Officially my biggest losing day playing only nl10. Guess it only feels worse than it should because of my micro br for these games. Lost 3BI in the space of 10 minutes today. Will post up for reviews incase i could have done something differently.

Have a few goals that i will post up that i plan on reaching for november.
      Considering making a deposit as ps.fr are running a promo of a 25% bonus of a deposit upto €400. So €100 max bonus, €10 per 350ish fpp's. As much as id like to continue playing without having to deposit and make one of those crazy stories starting at only €10 to €10k or whatever...

Today: -€34.99
      Current br: €143.69
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Will also be following! Interesting blog but needs some pics also imo! :f_thumbsup:
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      Will also be following! Interesting blog but needs some pics also imo! :f_thumbsup:
      Hey thanks for the idea Vonki, are you referring more to poker graph related pics or anything in general such as maybe from my trip in europe so far?
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah pics from your travels, where you're staying and so on! :)