Curiosity/Question

• PirlogS
      PirlogS
      Bronze
      Table tournament (not onlyne) I am at the final table we are 7 people left (with me) . I'm short stack with 50k in button blind 2k/4k 500 ante , first one to speack fold, second one raise to 12k everyone untill me fold i go all in with AQ suited, small/big fold. The second position call with pocket KK and take the hand kicking me out.
      My verry big question is if i maded the right decision pushing all in there ?
      I was unlucky or i'm fish ?
  • 8 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey PirlogS,

I'll move this to our 'Tournaments' board where it would be more likely to get a response.

Speaking as an MTT player, I have no problem with your action there. With 12BBs, I would also consider folding and look for a spot where I can open shove. This can also be influenced by villain's tendencies, i.e. Has he been opening a lot preflop, has he been playing a lot of hands etc.

Regards

Laz
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It could be suspicious that the raiser isn’t min raising in a spot like this. If you have reads he’s raising smaller most of the time and now he’s making it 3x I would fold here. Without reads it’s a clear shove for me.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      easy fold with AQ of any kind in that situation , you are very likely dominated most of the time so its better to just fold that doom hand :) and wait for a better spot and also ladder up the payspots :) GL
    • Gawdless73
      Gawdless73
      Bronze
      Folding AQs with 12 BB is about as Nitty as you can get, I'd shove pretty much without thinking. Sure you could try to wait for more to bust and climb the ladder but its hard to win 1st that way.
    • ferrye
      ferrye
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gawdless73
      Folding AQs with 12 BB is about as Nitty as you can get, I'd shove pretty much without thinking...

+1
    • londrinaa
      londrinaa
      Bronze
      acontece!
    • NoOneSpcl
      NoOneSpcl
      Bronze
      If you fold AQ here with 12bb, what is your lower push range? With the antes, you'll be left with the usual, but unfortunate tournament situation of a "shove any two"... in close to 3 orbits (likely the blinds have gone up again). But you'll be in situations where you need to shove very bad hands a lot before that.

I'll be surprised if shoving isn't the correct play here without any special reads.
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Bronze

You madeded the goodest push.