The road is loooooooong.......

• tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Decided to update you on what was happening with my fight to get back in the black again.
      Since last week, I have finished ITM in 3 tournies ($5 buy in) and done not too bad at the cash tables (NL50 and NL100)

In short, bankroll up from my paltry $5.70 to $298

Long way to go but it's a start :)

Trips,
  • 14 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      oh ok.
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      talk about a MAJOR typo :)

I meant NL5 and NL10 (had to look at your reply twice before I realised what you meant.

Trips
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      Another $5 tournie ITM finish,

BR now upto $370
      4 tournie ITMs in 3 days can't be bad?
      And I am staying well within my limits this time.
      I have rediscovered the challenge and the fun of poker instead of focusing on the £££ (I just wish I had never gone astray ITFP)

Trips.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi tripstim79,

Nice to see you doing well. Maybe you should start a blog to keep track of your play regulary, or maybe have this thread moved to the blog section.

Just a little note - BRM for tourneys should be 100 buyins. Therefore you need $550 to play $5 MTT's.

Best of luck,
      Stiev
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      great idea Cannell, can you move the post please or can I do it?

Trips,
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      I realise that the PS line is 100 BI for $5 MTT.
      The slant I was taking on it was if I had played NL20 and maybe doubled up ($10 to $20) I was BR'ing the $15 then using the $5 i won to buy in for the tournie (non rebuy)

Is this still a big "NO!" or open to interpretation.

Trips,
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi tripstim79,

You are now a blogger ;)

The only flaw in your plan, is if you win $100 on NL20, then use half for 10 x $5 buyin tourneys. You then have $45 profits on NL20, and when variance takes its toll, you can loose alot of stacks, then you can be showing a loss overall, when in fact you are winning at the cash tables.

The 100 buyin rule is recommended, but isn't law. You can play such buyin limits with 50 stacks BRM. All i'm saying is be careful, and be aware of the little added risk. I think $370 for $5 MTT's is reasonable, just keep an eye on your BR, and move down if necessary. I'm sure you'll be ok.

Goodluck on your new journey, I'll read on in the future,
      Stiev
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      Just had a HUGE result in re-establishing my MTT performances before tilt got hold of me.
      Came 3rd in a $5 rebuy (cost me the $5 + $5 addon) and my BR has jumped from an "ok" $375 to a relatively huge $1010 - So definately back on track.

I have to admit some luck was key along the way (pocket AKs, 2 preflop allin with 1/3rd my existing stack - called them both to hit the flush on the flop :D
      That put me into CL very early in the tournament and I held onto it well.

So I have moved comfortably back to the NL100 tables where I used to live before it all went horribly wrong.

No signs of tilt in the air all week so far, feel quite relaxed considering everything thats going on just now.

I'm just here to play poker, and if/when I get into a position where I can stop work and do it full time I fully intend to :)

Trips,

Road to recovery
      $42,000 in the red
      Current BR $1010

Status - On the road the recovery
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Great result Trips, well played *\o/*

Liking the blog too, keep it going buddy.

Bart
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      hey tripstim

I look forward to reading your blog. I think I am around the same spot in my career as you. Hopefully I will be platinum soon too.

Do you play in the BOtD
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      Hi bkbart, thanks for your interest in my blog.

This really is a battle-blog as I have gotten myself in DEEP playing tables out of my BR and as per my sig line, that is the target to break even again (sad and stupid I know)

I don't play BOtD as I only really play on Titan and Blue Square.

I will be losing my Platinum status any week now as a) I dont deserve it for playing so stupidly and b) I can't accumulate any more PS points as I have been forced to play on BSQ for the time being (Titan wont accept my new deposit method)

Hopefully though when I do get back to Platinum it will be well earned and sensibly achieved.

Thanks again,

Trips.
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      It's been a while since my last update as I have had to pack my bags with Titan.
      I think I have realised that the general interface and the "speed" of the games there were not to my psychological advantage.

I have shipped lock stock over to PKR and never looked back.
      My BR is now sitting at $3500 and I haven't tilted once on the tables, be they cash or MTT.

Comfortably playing NL40 SS and having a great time, the quality of the fish is exceptional (maybe better than PP?)

I know this means my current rank in PS will plummet but I have to be realisitc and play at a site that meets my needs.

I will continue to update this blog when time permits but working and raising a baby son, it isn't quite as high on the priority list ;)

Cheers,

Trips.

P.S - Any chance of PKR coming under the PS umbrella at all?
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      You went from $5 to $3500 in two weeks?.. :o

Burn baby burn, disco inferno!
    • tripstim79
      tripstim79
      Bronze
      2 more days at the 1/2 and 2/4 tables (again safely in my BR) and I am now upto 4300.
      Variance has certainly shown its ugly face in some hands but overall happy with my continuing climb back up the ladder.
      Truth be known (and it's thanks to PS for this) my BR has never actually been this high - ever!.

I was always playing waaaaaaaay outside my BR and using my Credit card as my bankroll (NOT adviseable in case anyone thinks its easy)

Now I am comfortably winning at the cash tables (not playing SnGs any more) and the torurnaments are solid too..

Obviously not a big update just now as it's Xmas Eve,

Cheers,

Trips.