what should u already know when hiring a coach

• Jackomoa
      Jackomoa
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I was wondering,can someone give me general advice ,what should i already know when I first time hire a poker coach?
      In a few days i will finaly have some funds that i better myself and was corious do you guys have some tips and knowledge.
      I want to have a good starting point for me and my coach.Ty in advance
  • 12 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Coaches are usually very expensive. I think you should try to move as high as you can with the help you get here at pokerstrategy.
    • Jackomoa
      Jackomoa
      Bronze
      Ty la55i
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey jackomoa,

la55i's answer is perfect. You should use as much as our material as possible until you stop improving. Then it's time to look at a coach.

What games and limits do you like to play? We should be able to link you to some strategy and/or videos relevant to what you play.

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • Jackomoa
      Jackomoa
      Bronze
      Hey Lazza61
      I like to plan NL2 6-max and Zoom shorthanded i got some very usefull links from this fantastic site but more is always welcome.
      Keep up that good carma and in next life u all are going to be millionares with wings ;)
    • Smeker2015
      Smeker2015
      Bronze
      Hello
      I can not wait two weeks after the test has finished for 50 dollars but is still waiting for has nothing to do can one help me
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Jackomoa
      Hey Lazza61
      I like to plan NL2 6-max and Zoom shorthanded i got some very usefull links from this fantastic site but more is always welcome.
      Keep up that good carma and in next life u all are going to be millionares with wings ;)
      We can only hope. :f_biggrin: Also make sure you check out No limit Starter Course with LemOn36.

GL at the tables :gl:

Laz
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Smeker2015
      Hello
      I can not wait two weeks after the test has finished for 50 dollars but is still waiting for has nothing to do can one help me
      Hey Smeker2015,

As you have your bronze status, I would suggest opening a ticket with our customer support team.

Just scroll to the bottom of the page (after clicking the link above) and click the + sign next to "Open a new ticket'.

Keep us updated

Laz
    • ADTRguy
      ADTRguy
      Basic
      I agree that poker coaches are really expensive, but there are a lot of cheaper variants. There are a lot of poker software that can be very helpful and contain a lot of knowledge. I have used Ace poker coach training and I can say with confidence that I have learnt a lot new while using it. It's up to you what to do, but I think you can try it before hiring a real coach.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Coaches come in all shapes, levels and prices. The variety in prices is enormous. In normal business, the prices settle in and market economy does the rest. In poker coaching, coach often sets his/her price according to the "lost grinding time". So the price isn't always an indicator of coaching abilities.

I don't agree with the sentences "You should use as much as our material as possible until you stop improving. Then it's time to look at a coach.". There are coaches who can help you understand things faster and better. For some a coach is a way to get themselves working. This is why personal trainers have huge markets nowadays. They don't tell you anything you couldn't find in internet, but still people pay a lot.

First thing to understand is that coaches aren't going to tell you any secrets or something that couldn't be found in the internet. But it's the same in sports. If you want to become the best ice hockey player, you could get all the material in youtube, buy books and so on. But the learning curve is a lot faster if you get coaching from someone who knows where to focus and how to proceed.

Coaching might seem expensive, but if one session can fix couple of leaks and increase your winrate, think how long it takes to pay itself back?
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed