Yes, I Can!

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze

Hello everyone!

I have been a member of pokerstrategy for quite some time and also an amature poker player for years. Some of you might already know me, but most probably dont as im not the most chatty guy around here. Never the less i have come to a point in my life were i feel like its time to give poker another serious shot and hope for the best. Will skip the small things and details about me and focus more on my goals and upcoming changes in life. If any one is interested in details i have an older blog here which has been unactive for some time. (probably noone cares, but still...)

My old blog

Were im at in my life

Iv been working same job for a year now and im getting really sick of it. Payment is good for our country and the job itself is not too hard, mostly pushing buttons to operate production machinery, but its boring and is killing me mentaly. Sadly its the best option i got payment wise but i still want to make some changes and sacrafice money for an actual living which i enjoy and have some time to also do sports and put my brain to work. And as i have been enjoying playing poker for years (sadly with no real results) the logic is i have to give it a shot. But this time a real shot with hard grinding, studies and analysis.

More than a year ago, i stoped playing poker as i was going through some tough times in my life and had no motivation to do anything. I had really fucked up relationship, no job, any future plans and 0 motivation to do anything. Playing WOW and DOTA all day long and pretty much hating everyone and myself included. So every time i played poker i pretty much was playing break even at best, so i knew i had to quit or ill just lose all money whats left as i was totally messed up mentally. Then i reallized somthing has got to change as that was pointless living, so i started rebuilding my life brick by brick.

Last year was totally the best year of my life. As soon as i started taking care of my self mentally again, i managed to put everyting back in place and go only up from there. Found the best girl for me, got fine job, read lots of books, quit gaming and massivly developed as a person, even started jogging and meditating. And recently fell in love again with poker... So feels like im in the best place mentally to finally do this poker thingy THE RIGHT WAY. Hopefully some good results will follow as i feel bit ashamed playing for like 5 years now and havent achieved nothing. Well ok, i can be a rakeback grinder at micros LOL, so yeah- nothing! Its somthimes nice to check up on some old friends here on forum, which iv been in same staking or study group at micros years back and see how they have achieved so much with hard work and dedication. To see them at small and mid stakes now gives me the feeling that its possible for me too as long as i give it my best effort. I know i have what it takes to be successfull at this!

Short term goals

Im taking 4 week vacation at work starting by next week and use this time to put some work in poker and get some feeling about grinding and learning much more as im used to. If nothing drasticly changes then the plan is not to go back to work any more after this month. The question still is how do i set it all up better financially, so i can cover my living expenses for at least half a year, so there is not so much pressure on my poker results. Will see how things turns out.

To summerise:
      -) 1 month ''poker playing trial version''
      -) quitting my job
      -) getting used to poker player mindset to be able to grind at least 3hours a day and an hour of studies every day for a start.

Long term goals

It seems ill be able to support myself for half a year, which seems plenty enough to get my poker job ready to support me.

-) after 6 months i need at least 500$ a month income from poker to cover basic living expenses
      -) after 9 months at least 700$
      which seems more than resonable

As for the limits and game type- i have done little of everyting over the years but for now playing zoom with some mtts mixed in from time to time gives me the most joy. Atm im playing NL5/NL10 sh zoom. The goal is to be able to 4table nl25 zoom comfortably as my main limit with at least 2bb/100 winrate, which seems more than resonable goal to achieve in half a year.

The help

If there is one major obsticle for me its a lack of learning skills. I pretty much dont know how to learn on my own. There is too much information and materials avaliable out there which often teaches the opposite from the last one and i easily get confused what to trust and what not. Ofc you will say i have to figure things out on my own, sure, but its super hard and time consuming as variance in poker is HUGE. And most people usually dont reallize it and draw conclusions way to fast and generaly makes a mistake by changing somthing in their game and adapting when they dont have an actual sample which would show the tendency they tried to adapt to. So any help from more experienced players, some guide lines or pointing directions on materials would be much appreaciated.

And if some one decides to follow my journy and sees some potentcial in me when i will show the results and whants to take me under his wing as a stakee, student for profit or anything else like that- i would love to, as long as it helps me to grow faster.

I really believe that If or i should say WHEN i will feel good doing what i do for the living results will follow, so i just need to stay motivated, work hard and enjoy my life with all the good things and beauty in it! :truestory:
  • 29 replies
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Good morning!

i will start posting some hands, mostly for myself as a note making, so i see in time if i have managed to figure this out. ofc opinions much appreaciated :)

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

BTN: $8.60 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 33, 3B: 20, AF: 1,0, Hands: 6
      SB: $10.00 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 21, 3B: 12, AF: 1,3, Hands: 38
      Hero (BB): $12.68 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 2,5, Hands: 97866
      UTG: $13.38 - VPIP: 47, PFR: 41, 3B: 20, AF: 0,0, Hands: 17
      MP: $4.68 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 25, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 8
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 0,0, Hands: 87

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 7 :spade: 6 :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05) 8 :spade: T :spade: K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($4.05) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BTN calls $2

River: ($8.05) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.60, Hero folds

So the questions for myself here are:

1)do i still double barrel on the turn or go for check/call, as i doubt i can fold out K
      2)does the oponent being not full stacked makes some major changes in the way how to play FD against him
      3)how much do i change bet sizings on the flop and turn vs not full stacked guy, as in this case bets seems too big, i would like more if i had a 3/4 pot bet left on the river if i hit
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m no cash gamer, but 3 bet bluffing OOP against a unknown with a fishy stack could be a –EV play as well. Maybe you think otherwise

Further I wish you all the best with you’re new blog and improving you’re game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Thank you Sir! :f_drink:

Another interesting hand were im not sure if i made the right decision by tripple barrelling:

BTN: $10.00 - VPIP: 46, PFR: 23, 3B: 14, AF: 0,7, Hands: 13
      SB: $23.14 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 20, 3B: 25, AF: 0,0, Hands: 5
      BB: $7.86 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 4
      UTG: $16.84 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 18, 3B: 33, AF: 1,0, Hands: 11
      MP: $19.68 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 26
      Hero (CO): $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 2,5, Hands: 98218

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with J :diamond: 9 :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 3 :spade: 7 :club: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55) T :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BTN calls $1

River: ($3.55) A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50
    • tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Hey,

67ss is imo fine 3bet vs fish against 3x we do not want to be flatting hand this weak and folding is kind of weak. Flop you could bet for like 1,5d and make a slight overbet shove on turn or also check raising the flop is a good option ur hand has a lot of equity and you also have FE so getting it in on two streets as a semi bluff is the best.

J9 looks like well played. He should not have a lot of 7x combos and on turn he should be folding most Ax that being said he is usually on 22-99 on the river and we should have usually a very +EV river bluff. Sometimes still getting called by hands like AT, AQ :club: :club: , 7x.

Best of luck!
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tukioppilas62
      Hey,

67ss is imo fine 3bet vs fish against 3x we do not want to be flatting hand this weak and folding is kind of weak. Flop you could bet for like 1,5d and make a slight overbet shove on turn or also check raising the flop is a good option ur hand has a lot of equity and you also have FE so getting it in on two streets as a semi bluff is the best.

J9 looks like well played. He should not have a lot of 7x combos and on turn he should be folding most Ax that being said he is usually on 22-99 on the river and we should have usually a very +EV river bluff. Sometimes still getting called by hands like AT, AQ :club: :club: , 7x.

Best of luck!
      Thanks for clear explanation, that was very helpfull :)
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Love these russian geniouses :spit:

BTN: $21.55 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 18, 3B: 0, AF: 3,0, Hands: 55
      SB: $8.57 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 1,3, Hands: 23
      Hero (BB): $12.78 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 2,5, Hands: 98861
      UTG: $29.96 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 2,8, Hands: 138
      MP: $31.05 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 12, AF: 3,0, Hands: 82
      CO: $10.25 - VPIP: 32, PFR: 26, 3B: 0, AF: 9,0, Hands: 38

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :heart: K :diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05) 6 :spade: 7 :club: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.45) Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

River: ($9.25) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.65, Hero calls $5.65

Final Pot: $20.55
      Hero shows K :heart: K :diamond:
      CO shows 2 :heart: 2 :spade:
      CO wins $19.63
      (Rake: $0.92)
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Interesting hand i had and im not sure what to do really.

HAND OF THE DAY
    • rompas
      rompas
      Hi Vucitis , nice to see you blogging :f_thumbsup:

If you want more feedback at your hands i suggest post them in our hand discussion forum where more people will see them http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1375.

if you have problem learning at your own, maybe a good idea to start or join a study group.

:gl:

cheers/ Rompas
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Hello, Sir!

I suppose u are right and its better to post hands there as way more people will see them and give their toughts.

HAND OF THE DAY:s_confused:
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Everyone likes graphs, so here they are...

Running below EV at NL5

Little run good at NL10 :)

And results combined- break even for now...

Could say that im winning at a decent rate as i have paid close to 300$ in rake just not enough to beat it YET. Thats ok, results will come with work invested :f_cool:
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Yello!

Strange morning for me. Woke up at 6am and could not sleep- started thinking again and that ment bye bye sleep, so i get up and went for a morning session. I was surprised to see so many fish at the tables in the morning and less regs so early. Somthing to think about... :f_rolleyes:

Any ways, got two hands again im not sure about :

Hand 1
      Hand 2
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Grrr lots of things i have to do which means less poker played as i would like to.
      Luckily still running hot :)

HAND OF THE DAY
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Went to the gym yesterday after a year break- i tried to go easy, i really tried, but still hard to even hold a cup in my hand today :thinking:
      Good thing its not the first time i re start lifting and new it would happen, have been way worse.

My plan about sport activities is to get to a point were i can go to gym twice a week with a back/shoulder day and chest/arm day + 3 times a week of jogging for legs/cardio, for now im doing 5-6km but the plan is to increase up to 8-10km with pretty intense heart rate. Should be enough to get in good/healthy shape with not overdoing weights again.

HAND OF THE DAY
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Evening silent readers !

Quick summary of the week:

Did lots of socializing and real life stuff with my girlfriend.
      Not so happy about work invested in poker, could have done lot better volume wise and did not study at all. Posted some hands at least... Did two evenings with MTTs, but nothing deep sadly.

Luckily good results at zoom nl10, if the run good continues next week ill probably make a small shot at nl16 :)

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Grrrr crazy crazy day!

Started the day with a one bad beat OTR by another, they just kept coming and coming and taking my stacks away...
      Any ways, i went fishing to clear my head, then grinded and won some stacks back, took a nap and played some more. Really happy with the day in the end, managed to climb back a long way and kept my cool. Might be two stacks down for the day but feels like +100 points for the mindset :f_cool:

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Still on a roller coaster, stacks flying both ways like crazy :f_ugly:

another two hands to think about :
      HAND 1
      HAND 2
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      I was on a little trip to sweeden for two days, so weekly update on tuesday :)

Hard to judge how good or bad played last week, what i do know for sure i payed off rivered nuts way too much as id like to. The upside is that im working on my 3betting and 4bet/fold ranges preflop, definitely lots of work to be done there as i wana get way more agressive IP instead of flatting behind with most of my range as im doing atm.

And i made an application on staking/coaching section. I would really like if some one would show interest in coaching me for proffits (long term, so there is an actual money for the coach).

Also played mtts on evenings as always, couple deeper runs but fell short on final tables again.

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze

yet another break even month... the good news is that i think i finally picked up on some huge leaks i have in last few days were im loosing way too much in nonshowdown. will try to fix it and hopefully it will pull my redline at least little bit on the correct side :f_biggrin:
      im almost sure my biggest problems are with bluffcatching oop and not barreling enough as a preflop agressor. will see how it goes.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN SILENT READERS! :badteeth:
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Bahh, awfull week! Been running bad almost every day, sets over sets, overpairs vs sets and got rivered more times than i can count... On the flip side, im still trying to keep at least some volume up despite run bad. Also had lots of things to do almost every day, so im happy with the overal volume. Lets see if i can get those stacks back next week :)

Also im slowly watching double2 video series to get out of micros, trying to apply it on my game step by step. definitely found some spots were im loosing lots of value. Will continue to work on my game and results will come soon! :pokerface: