$10,00
      BB:
      $14,98
      CO:
      $22,19
      Hero:
      $15,36

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:spade: , 9:spade:
      5 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,40, SB calls $0,35, BB calls $0,30, CO calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,60) 3:spade: , 8:diamond: , 3:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0,76, 2 folds, CO calls $0,76.

Turn: ($3,12) 4:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2,22, CO calls $2,22.

River: ($7,56) 2:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $3,59, Hero ???

should i just call or push all in? We are often dominated here by higher flush or full house(against more solid opponent)...but against those stats...i dont know
  • 5 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I would just call

Reason is that if you shove, he will not call your shove unless he is ahead in the majority of cases.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Raise 0.50 preflop

Flop bet is too small, even below half potsize.

Turn I'd think about checking behind, because what could he call flop with? There's no draw out there, so he either has nothing, trips, or an 8 (likely better than yours). Of course you have the flushdraw, but that's even more reason to check behind.

River looks to me much like slowplayed trips, small bluffbet to scare you off (flushpossibility), or small bet with an 8 afraid of the flush.. could be pretty much anything. I'd just call because I don't think any worse hand than yours would call the push... MAYBE slowplayed trips, but it's close.

Anyway this is what I think.. Don't take my word as law here :D
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I'd raise more preflop and bet more on flop as Fongie said.
      I think I'd bet turn as you did.You need to build pot and need to protect against better flush,full house outs.
      I don't see raise on the river when you have paired board and those stats can hit weirdest combinations.I sometimes see that opps bet less with good hand on the river because they think you would not pay off big bets with medium hands.He don't know what you have.I more often put you on overpair than on flush.
      Good luck :)

Hi Fongie,
      Can u explain more why checking behind is better option.I'd bet on turn because I need built pot in case I hit,maybe I have FE and he folds tp8tk,pp ,maybe better flush draw.And I need value from trips,tptk,need protection against better fd and full house outs.You suspect that against CO I have little FE?that's why passive approach is better?
      Thanks and good luck :)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      bet more on the flop(2/3 pot)
      on the turn i like taking a potcontrol line and check behind . because their arent to many worse hand that can call flop on this dry board especialy in a multiway flop
      on the river you dont beat too much and i am actualy thinking a bout folding even with this good pot odds i dont see us ahead alot
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I like checking behind turn because he prob calls flop with OP, trips or 88 and you might be drawing dead already.

I call river here since he prob puts us on OP, not flush (you played aggresively as if protecting your OP against a flush; your hand is disguised imo).
      He might call a minraise with trips or OP but its a long shot, most likely he will shove his better flush or FH and you will be in a tough spot.