Resteal situations - strategy vs tougher opponents?

• TNrgRNMD
      TNrgRNMD
      Basic
      Obviously there's not just one solution that applies to every opponent but I'd like to hear your thoughts and some general advice on how to play against tough opponents in steal/resteal situations. Talking about microlimits still, NL10.

It's a very uncomfortable situation if you have someone on your right who steals a lot but doesn't fold a lot to resteals and is generally quite tough to play against - small mistakes in 3b pots will cost a lot in the long run. Say like someone who steals 30-45 % and folds to resteals only 45-55 %. Maybe if he doesn't fold a lot to resteals, start flatting more with more marginal hands (ATo, KJ and stuff that still play well vs a wide steal range) and resteal value hands? Though maybe if you have this kind of player on your right it's time to switch tables unless you are ready to pay the price for learning things the hard way :D

Other situation where you steal and you have a player on your left who resteals a lot, like 12-20 % and doesn't fold a lot to steals. Obviously this one is easier because you can tighten up your steal range or add some 4b bluffs but it's still not a nice situation to be in and 4b bluffs can be really costly too if he catches up.
  • 3 replies
    • srdjolini87
      srdjolini87
      Bronze
      ok
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      It's a very uncomfortable situation if you have someone on your right who steals a lot but doesn't fold a lot to resteals and is generally quite tough to play against

Use value heavy 3bet range, meaning to take out weak bluffs from 3bet range and put more broadway hands. If he is really stealing a lot and doesnt fold a lot to resteals, it means that he is actually a bad player at this segment of play at least, so you should exploit it, otherwise if you overfold to his steals and dont 3bet him wider and call enough, then a bad player is exploiting you instead.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Flat more, value heavy 3bet range and if he folds very little to 3bets you can start 3betting bigger? If someone resteal a lot, you can tighten up and start 4betting more?