[NL2-NL10] NL5 AQs tpgk

• Tomohawked
      0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , Q:spade: . UTG2 posts a blind of $0.02.
      2 folds, UTG2 checks, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.10) A:heart: , 9:club: , 4:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.18, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.46) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.26) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $3.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines (As Qs)
      BU shows two pairs, aces and tens (Ac Ts)

BU wins with two pairs, aces and tens (Ac Ts)

Played too passively?? Should I lead the turn or reraise on the flop?
  • 3 replies
    • dallievas
      Preflop:you should raise AQs (and offsuited) from BB against limpers.AQ too strong hand to just limp and suited have even more potential because you can hit the nut flush.And you will have initiative on flop.
      On flop tpgk is good hand but often not the best in unraised pot.You can 3bet on flop and see where you are at.Of course fold to 4bet.On turn situation worse,you can stand against trips,fh now and I'd fold to near pot size bet. In unraised pots you need to have 2 pairs + hand to play profitably.Fold on river.
      If u play against aggressive bad opp who can bet 3 streets with tpwk or IInd pair calling down can be option,but when calling down never know where you at.
      Good luck. :)
    • srohack
      raise AQ when limped to you from any position . its a very strong hand
      as played i would actualy fold to the raise in a multiway limped pot . people dont bluff too much on ace high boards especialy with so many limpers
    • Tomohawked
      Thanks for the comments guys. This week I've tried playing without looking at the SHC. It's coming out again that's for sure. Easy raise like you said pre-flop, I should have known.