[NL20-NL50] nl25 sh ak weak end of striaght

• pokerafterdark
      utg 22/8/1.3/31/292

only a six could beat me would he raise with that with his range in utg ??

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $25.35
      Hero (SB): $47.50
      BB: $19.10
      UTG: $28.70
      MP: $28.85
      CO: $15.35

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :spade: K :club:
      UTG raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, UTG calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.25) 2 :club: 3 :spade: 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($6.25) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($6.25) 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, UTG raises to $25.70 all in, Hero calls $22.20
  • 3 replies
    • Talic
      what a sick spot, didn't he have A6s, did he? players on NL25 soo overplay raggy aces
    • spit22
      Actually with his stats only 66 makes sense. PF is 8 which in this case this range doesn't include A6s UTG except if he is on tilt or in a strange mood -more possible is 67s. With 66 he doesn't bet the flop because he puts his opponent on an overpair.

The question now is why didn't you make a CB ? He obviously didn't hit anything on the flop or he hit a monster. either way you need to CB to get information or win the hand . You played it aggressively PF and he just called you . Under normal conditions he thinks you had the best hand PF so you prolly have it now as well... On the river out of the blue he goes all in on your raise which is obviously not a normal play. Notice that his AF is only 1.3 , that means he is probably not bluffing , as played i would fold to his raise on the river.

can you tell us what did he have btw ?
    • Kaitz20
      Since pot is small then I don´t mind folding.
      He shouldn´t turn his middle pp into bluff, when he can understand that you could easily have AK.
      And he doesn´t have so much reason shoving with Ax, since it is again likely that you have A- probably he´d call or min-raise
      I would played posflop differently.
      I´d bet flop, since you have probably 10 outs against middle pp+ fold equity.
      I´d bet turn, since it is scary card for middle pp-s and mioght even get fold from QQ.
      I´d shove river, since I´m likely ahead. Thes you can build pot at the flop and if you hit one of your cards then shove for value.