The Mental Game of Poker-(mental hand history)

• FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      Hello, im sure you are familiar with this book, there is a part in it I cant seem to understand I have googled and cant find an explanation.

In the mental hand history section on step 3 it says this:

Why is that logic flawed? Avoid using stock answers for why the logic or reason you found in step two is flawed, unless you are sure it is correct.

the writing in bold is what I don't understand, what is stock answers?
  • 11 replies
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      Does this bump the thread back up?
    • halunoman
      halunoman
      Gold
      It's a type of answer that doesn’t really answer your question.
      Let me give you an example or two:

If You ask a professional classically trained musician:”-Who are your favorite composers?” And he/she doesn’t really want to answer, he/she might say: ”This question is impossible to answer for me. My stock answer is the composer that I love is the one who wrote the piece on which I am currently working.”

If a semi-/pro poker play is asked by his girlfriend’s parents “what do You do for a living?” And he doesn’t really want say, but he also doesn’t want to lie, he might say something along the lines of: “I’m a short-term high-risk investment analyst.”

Politicicans and big companies use them quite often in their press statements, and public Q&A’s.

Generally answers like “well that’s just how it is” and similar to them are the type of answers You should avoid while analyzing Your thought and emotional processes.
      More about analyzing and deconstructing Your automatic thoughts can be found in all sorts of materials about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and/or negative automatic thoughts (NATs).

ps: At least that's just how I understand "stock answers"
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      hi halunoman,

Thank you, that makes sense now since its, a book designed to fix mental flaws and answering questions like that isn't going to fix the problem, this has been playing on my mind for a few weeks :f_thumbsup:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He FrozenElf,

we will in the near future (more than a week, less than a month) have a seminar with Jared Tendler on our Live Stream offer. I am pretty sure you'll get an answer there, for sure!
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      He FrozenElf,

we will in the near future (more than a week, less than a month) have a seminar with Jared Tendler on our Live Stream offer. I am pretty sure you'll get an answer there, for sure!
      Hi Svenbe,

Can you tell me a little bit more please? I don't even know what a seminar is lol. Where do I sign up?

Thanks
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey there, we will have Jared live on the Community show on Friday the 30th of October! :)

Pretty sure stock answers in that context means saying things like "this is standard" etc. instead of specific unique explanation for that specific spot
    • alonohara
      alonohara
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LemOn36
      Hey there, we will have Jared live on the Community show on Friday the 30th of October! :)

(...)
      I predict more than a hundred participants on the Community Show. :f_cool:
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver

Pretty sure stock answers in that context means saying things like "this is standard" etc. instead of specific unique explanation for that specific spot

Im sorry, im not really famiular with all of this kind of stuff, how do I watch it lol?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey FrozenElf,

Simply go to this page shortly before the coaching starts.

Regards

Laz
    • bacibaci123
      bacibaci123
      Bronze
      mental game anyway
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by FrozenElf

Im sorry, im not really famiular with all of this kind of stuff, how do I watch it lol?
      here is the info: The Community Show with LemOn36

definitely click on "tune-in" and get to the chat to make sure you get your questions answered!