[NL 5] NL2 zoom winner,BE at nl5 zoom SH (HELP)

• Alex1379
      Alex1379
      Bronze
      I have been playing NL 5 zoom for a little over 50k hands and am running BE ( slightly down on money). I have beat NL2 ZOOM SH for 8 ~~ bb/100 in a 30k hand sample. I can't realise what am I doing wrong so I would love it if you guys give me some tips on how to improve my play.

NL 5 Graph:
      Overall stats:
      Stats by position:
      C bet:
  • 4 replies
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      50k and 30k samples are way too small to draw conclusions about winrates ;)
      and actually u have nothing to worry about if your EV is on the plus side, just keep playing and it will catch up with the green line sooner or laiter.
    • Hesticus
      Hesticus
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Seems OK to me as well. However, as you want to have tips maybe this helps.

Looking to your graph the first thing I noticed was your non-showdown winnings (which is a loss). Your overall WTSD is OK in my opinion. Looking at your PFR/VPIP I assume you are quite on the tight side. A tip I could give you is really looking to other players how well they play postflop. What is their WTSD/W$SS/W$WSF? Do they Cbet a lot? Do they fold to turn bets (raises) a lot? How do they play IP compared to OOP (FvCbet/Fv3Bet)? These are all tools you could use to exploit your opponents. This will increase your PFR/VPIP for sure but I think you still can play profitable if you play percentage wise (for example if someone opens to 3bb and you raise OOP to 9bb, you risk 8bb to win 4.5bb. If he folds more than 8/(8+4.5) = 64% of the time, you play profitable in the long run even if that particular person raises you coincidentally).

You probably know these but just to keep reminding yourself this. I think you play fine as well and you should keep doing what you do, however, keep updating yourself and be self-reflective after every session.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      this is some limit-tailored advice.
      sb is definitely too tight, also i agree with a general strategy of cbetting a lot otf but you are probably cbetting way too many boards which are complete garbage or hands that are better as a xc. just work on your hand reading in general
    • Alex1379
      Alex1379
      Bronze
      Hello again! Thank you all for the input. I played 20k hands after posting made some adjustments and EV is -67$. I don't really know how to approach the situation anymore. My BR is starting to get shallow and I might have to go back down to Nl2 soon ( 145$ BR). Any tips on how to snap out of this madness? The only thing that's giving me hope and also is quite concerning is that I am not tilting at all, so It can't be that. I thing I improved, but my results have never been worse and I am actually having to downgrade...