How Crazy can it get - from scratch to infinity

• crazyguy
      crazyguy
      Bronze
      Dear pokerstrategy,

My first blog.... Ever!!!
      Something i never thought i would do. however i think it will help me at this point.
      While i'm a longtime member of pokerstrategy i haven't been a very active one. the ocassional hand post in the handreading section and some useless posts in the dutch forums on the small talk board.

Alright let me introduce myself!
      I'm Joost a 27 year old recent graduate from the Netherlands.
      I have been playing poker for about 6 to 7 years now as a hobby next to my schoollife.
      I started with the free money from pokerstrategy and have never deposited any of my own moneys.
      So while i haven't won much i am still and will always be a winning player as I have no intensions to deposit any of my own money.

Why this blog you might ask.
      I think for me it's a good way to order my thoughts and while i have a little more time on my hands now i want to take the pokergame a little more seriously.
      This is also why i opted in to the get rich or die tryin' bankroll challenge.

I'm starting with a bankroll of $550,- and i want to extend that to at first $2500,-.
      I mostly play speed cashgame at partypoker. with stakes around 10 cent / 25 cent at the moment.

Bankrollmanagement is something i do and do quite aggressively so 20~25 buy-ins of the higher stake and i'm moving up. 10~15 buy-ins at the stake and i'm moving down.

So welcome to my blog and my pokerlife. i hope i can entertain yall!

Closing up. I'm a huge car enthousiast, so here is a picture of the mission e from porsche!

If you want to know more about this beautifull car follow the link.
  • 9 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Nice blog and a beautiful car! :) I have a tip for your signature: click options and uncheck "deactivate BBcode" and your link will work. :f_thumbsup:
    • crazyguy
      crazyguy
      Bronze
      Thanks for the tip it did indeed make it work!
      I'm a huge fan of porsche and think almost all their cars have a sort of magic surrounding them.:f_love:
    • crazyguy
      crazyguy
      Bronze
      Alright first real blogpost incoming.

Day 1 of the bankrollchallenge was a good start. ended up with 2 buy-ins more than yesterday :f_thumbsup: . played around 500 hands and i want to lift out one hand i played from the small blind.

Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $26.22 (104.9 bb)
      BB: $10 (40 bb)
      UTG: $29.91 (119.6 bb)
      MP: $33.28 (133.1 bb)
      CO: $21.15 (84.6 bb)
      BTN: $27.31 (109.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.25, BB folds, BTN raises to $27.31 and is all-in, Hero calls $22.97 and is all-in

Flop: ($52.69) J 4 6 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: ($52.69) 7 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($52.69) T (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $52.69 pot ($2.63 rake)
      Final Board: J 4 6 7 T
      Hero showed A Q and lost (-$26.22 net)
      BTN showed 9 9 and won $50.06 ($23.84 net)

So in this situation i'm playing a nice hand from the small blind and BTN raises big.
      I decide to 3-bet with my hand and after some consideration BTN pushes over the top.
      with what range would villain who is an unknown do that?
      I think we can exclude the premiums from his range (AA,KK,QQ) because he would have 4-bet small instead of pushing right away.
      and putting him on a range of 88+,AJs+,AQo+,KQs which is about 5% of hands gives us an equity of about 44% against that range.
      So do we get the potodds to call here?
      we play for my whole stack if I call so total pot whould be $52.44 and i have to pay $22.97. this gives us potodds of about 44%.
      Which would be a total breakeven situation here. so if villain is tighter than what we say we have to fold and if he is loser we have to call.
      everyone willing to comment on my thoughtprocess is very welcome. I try to learn something every day!

Alright, sleep tight for tonight and i hope to see you all next time!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Joost,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz

P.S. Damn nice set of wheels :f_love:
    • crazyguy
      crazyguy
      Bronze
      Hand of the day!

Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $73.96 (295.8 bb)
      BB: $67.07 (268.3 bb)
      UTG: $12.28 (49.1 bb)
      Hero (MP): $25 (100 bb)
      CO: $25.32 (101.3 bb)
      BTN: $36.94 (147.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, SB raises to $2.75, BB calls $2.50, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($8.25) 6 J 3 (3 players)
      SB bets $3.92, BB folds, Hero calls $3.92

Turn: ($16.09) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18.33 and is all-in, SB calls $12.33

River: ($52.75) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $52.75 pot ($2.63 rake)
      Final Board: 6 J 3 A 9
      SB showed Q K and won $50.12 ($25.12 net)
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$25 net)

what is the correct play on the turn? after his check i don't expect any strength so i'm betting small with 2nd nuts. after his raise is this almost always the nuts?

Furthermore played 1078 hands today and ended up with a profit of 22bb. woehoe but however small all the small things help.
    • crazyguy
      crazyguy
      Bronze
      1781 Hands
      +$63,41
      $613,41
      1 Week

This week a little low on volume however i did have some nice winnings.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Crazyguy, also welcome from my side.
      I actually expect you to finish very quickly with your challenge - because you need another one right after to get the moooniez for the car, right?
      GL at the tables!
    • crazyguy
      crazyguy
      Bronze
      I'll need a couple more to get enough mooniez for the car.
      The first number estimate it around $250.000,- which is a nice goal but not for now!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Howdy Mr. Crazyguy,

how is it going? Any interesting hands this week, being closer to the $250k ?
      Even if you did not reach it yet, give us a shout about where you currently stand:
      Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread (as every week, pls!)

CU,SvenBe