4bet pot double barrel bluff

• FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      This player was a tag, so i roughly assigned him a range of, TT-QQ, AK, (although i think AK and QQ get it all in preflop, but i didnt completely discount it) and possible 99, i don't know what else he would of called with.

Preflop

The reason i 4bet, is because i felt like he was exploiting me.

Flop

I felt i had a lot of folding equity here on this K high flop, i also thought more towards his AK shoving preflop, so i cbet.

Turn

Ok so after he called my cbet, what does he have? Well i think AK and JJ would raise, witch leaves 99 TT or QQ, So i shoved, do you think i have this correct? or can you see a weakness somewhere?

On a final note, maybe i could bet 1/2 on the flop, leaving myself with a slight overbet shove on the turn? Generating more folding equity.

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em $0.01 Ante - 6 players - View hand 2798648
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $25.28
      SB: $12.50
      BB: $6.52
      UTG: $16.01
      MP: $16.70
      Hero (CO): $9.24

Pre Flop: ($0.13) Hero is CO with T :heart: A :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN raises to $0.58, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.30, BTN calls $0.72

Flop: ($2.73) J :club: K :diamond: 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.74, BTN calls $1.74

Turn: ($6.21) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.19 all in, BTN folds

Final Pot: $6.21
      Hero mucks T :heart: A :heart:
      Hero wins $5.95
      (Rake: $0.26)
  • 12 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Did you have some stats on villain or why do you think he was exploiting you? Do you fold a lot to 3bets?

Villains 3bet is very big imo. If he 3bets a lot from BTN I think we can start 4betting to exploit him. Bluff 3bets don't usually call 4bets so his range looks pretty tight here. If you haven't 4bet this player earlier and you don't have any dynamics with this player I would say he's range is something like QQ+,AKs. I don't think he has many hands in his range that he will fold to the flop cbet. I think the best line would be just x/f this hand. As played turn shove definitely has huge fold equity and some villain might be able to fold even AA here. But I don't see this profitable in the long run.
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      i played about 150 hands vs him, he new I 4bet AT because it I showed him, not really sure why, I guess I was trying to say, packet in :f_biggrin: . I thought, he was exploiting me, because, after he 3bet me once, he all of a sudden started to 3bet regularly, so I started to play back at him, witch is why I think AK and QQ + would of shoved over my 4bet. So AK is strongly discounted from his range, especially when he doesn't raise the flop.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you can definitely call ATs but 4bet is fine I suppose
      turn shove is too optimistic, i don't think he should ever fold a King when there are so many flushdraws and you are even shoving all your gutshots
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      Originally posted by mbml
      turn shove is too optimistic, i don't think he should ever fold a King when there are so many flushdraws and you are even shoving all your gutshots
      I don't normally shove my gutshots, I felt he would shove AK QQ preflop I believe he floated the flop with a weak hand, this was a while back, I would also prefer a call preflop too now
    • bacibaci123
      bacibaci123
      Bronze
      absolutely
    • bacibaci123
      bacibaci123
      Bronze
      i support
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      We're not expecting him to fold AK though are we? I think he has a lot of QQ/TT in his range that will stubbornly call one bet. Plus, this is a line we'd be taking with AA/KK/AK ourselves on that turn.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i would be highly tempted to call QQ/AJ on that two tone turn
    • sapef
      sapef
      Bronze
      +1
      i think if u want to 4b is better 4b hands like 86s ,t8s , becouse you are deep, and get called more often and At is pretty dominated, and i think ATs is better hand to call , Ato fold, and alot of your SC is callin then u have to bluff some of the suited one gap.
    • Post removed

• Csengele
      Csengele
      Black
      La5i: Villian Fold AA? Are you serious?
    • la55i
      la55i
      Originally posted by Csengele
      La5i: Villian Fold AA? Are you serious?
      I said that some might be able to do this. What can we 4bet here? Definitely KK+,AK and in our bluff range we have AT,KJ,QT.. So against his AA it could be a split, he could be behind vs KK and KJ and if he is ahead we still have equity with QT,AT.

Of course this depends on villain and our table image and dynamics. I have 4bet bluff range myself and if I decide to shove turn my range would be like KK+,AKs,ATs,KJs,QTs,AKo,ATo,KJo,QTo. With this range we have 33% vs AA and we bet pot so villain could decide to fold if he wants to play carefully.