A confused poker player.

• ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Hey fellow poker friends!

I'm Jonathan, 29 years old from Montreal, Canada. I work as an Network Administrator for 10 years.
      My goal with poker is just to have a good extra income and get a proper poker bankroll to play some big online and live events. Of course if I bink a life changing amount, I will definetly leave my dayjob :)

I've been playing poker for more than 5 years now, starting with the 50$ from Pokerstrategy. I built it to about 3500$ playing cash games, sit and gos and then some live poker. I always knew I was a winning poker player live, but always had problems with my bankroll management and tilt problems online. I also never concentrated on only one type of game in the recent years, until now, after watching some MTTSNG videos. I decided I will be concentrating on building a proper bankroll with 45s and 180s SNG. And when I'm up to about 1000$, I'll start grinding more scheduled MTT for the big money.

EDIT:I changed my mind, I'll play a month of Cash game after this month to compare how I did in both game format.

So I cashed out my money from Pokerstars so I have only 100$ left, I reset my HEM2 database, and started to grind 45s, 180s, and up to 1$ MTT.

At this point, I just wanted to prove to myself that I am a winning player. That I can stick to one type of game (MTTSNG) for a long time and build a bankroll following a 75-150 buy in rule.

So in the last ten days, i played 239 SNG and MTT and I ran very well. It was a mix of 0.5$ 180s, 0.5$ 45s, 1.5$ 45s, and MTT up to 1.10$. (Yep, event the 0.11$, 0.27$. 0.55$ MTT).

I managed a very nice ROI in 45s:

Didint win any 180s, with a very very low sample:

So here is my graph for the last 239 tournaments:

Yuuuppp! I binked a 1.10$ MTT for 200$ :) Just to let you know, I chose to cashout this 200$ win for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted to make sure I stick with the 0.5$ and 1.5$ games long enough to convice myself im crushing those before moving up to 3.5$ 45s. And second, I wanted to buy some poker related stuff. I bought myself a second monitor because Im playing on a 11 inch laptop screen and it was not very optimal for multitabling :)

I'll make sure to upload a photo of my grinding station in the following days.

So for now, I'll keep grinding the 0.5$ and 1.5$ 45s for 100$ more before I add 3.5$ games into my sets. I'm adding a 2.5$ 180s from time to time because the number of 0.5$ 180s is very limited.

Current Bankroll: 261.71$

For those interested, I'll keep my posts big, and will post maybe 2 to 3 times a week.

I'll post many graphs, stats, and sick sick hands, only from time to time.

Next week, I'm having a trip to Nassau in the Bahamas where I will grind from my Hotel room if the temperature is bad.
      My girlfriend is working for Air Canada so I get to travel a couple of times a year for really cheap!

So thats it for my first post, I dont want to scare you right away with the loonnnnnnnnnnnng post haha.

Dont hesitate to ask any questions, comments.

Talk to you later and until them, happy fishing! :f_love:

• 13 replies
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Here is the 1.10$ MTT Win:

Always a big confidence booster when you win one of those in the start of a new personal challenge!

In the next days, I'll make sure to introduce myself a bit more on the personal level as well as give you a bit more information on my Poker career, which had a lot of ups and downs. Until then, I have a flight to catch!
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Just got to the hotel.

Ready to play a couple of games, its raining outside :(

• ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Oh, and I had time for a game waiting for my flight at the airport. Managed to finish second after having a huge lead.
      Oh well, not bad though. Even though I think I am now addicted to 45s...

• SiKWiThIt
      SiKWiThIt
      Bronze
      Wow Awesome start if I may say !!

I have just started playing again and my goals are very similar to yours in the exact same game types too.

Will definitely be keeping a close eye on your blog!! Best of Luck at the tables and Enjoy your Vacation :s_drink:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      GL and welcome back - well, seems you don't really need the wishes for good luck, do you ?
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Hey guys im back in Montreal and its cooooooold!

Vacations where awesome, and poker was Ok when it was rainning outside!

Great food:

Great view:

Thanks for those commenting and following my blog!

So during the week, I played many more 0.5$ - 1.5$ MTTSNG.

Also, before dinner, I didint have alot of time so I played some sessions of STT (3.5$ because the bankroll allows it). It went well, played over 250 STT and currently have a 10% ROI.

Bankroll is now standing at 355$, even with my 200$ cashout. So everything is going fine.

I also got a very good run at the 235FPP Satelite to 11$ Sunday storm (Which I unregister so I get a 11$ Tournament money.

I played about 20 of them and got 12 wins. thats a good rakeback!

So here is the graph:

Here is the graph without the 200$ Bink:

I also played about 25 big field MTT. Didint get any outstanding result.

Time for some rest, played alot today.

I'll make another chunky post in the following days to let you know how many tables I play, which tools Im using and what I do beside poker :)
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Great blog mate!

I've actually found your blog when I was searching forum with "Canada Montreal" keywords in the Search Forum feature. And, by luck, I am at approximately same stage and bankroll too. I've shipped the 50 FPP 2 Grand last Sunday to be honest :) I am in Montreal for three weeks and starting to adapt, even Ive heard the winters are pretty bad though. If you dont mind, Ill send you a friend request.

Would be nice to have some chat or discuss hands or whatever.

Cheers! :f_cool:
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Long time no see!

Didint feel like playing for the last week of the month of October, I hit a 150$ downswing when I tried to move up the stakes during the 3rd week and my motivation went down.

So believe or not, I went back to my old habbits. Cash games.

Why? Its simple, I made a 350$ month with MTT/MTTSNG/STT in October and I wanted to know how I could do with the same bankroll in cash games.

I will be playing cash games during the month of November and see what kind of results I can get, and then take a decision on what I want to do.

The thing with SNG / MTT is variance, it pisses me off to loose 40 buy ins when In cash games the worst I got was 10 BI downswing.
      On another note, winning an MTT is awesome, so why not make my regular games Cash, and play MTTs during my week-end grind?

So I took a little break from Poker at the end of October, and started playing cash games (Low volume at the start of the month) because I had personnal stuff to do and more importantly, I read a bit of Full ring and 6max acticles to pick which type of cash games I would like to play. I ended up selecting Full ring for the only reason that I feel more comfortable playing more tables, and of course variance is alot lower in those.

So ya, I might feel confused, but still I made money in Octobre, and as usual, Im having a monster start for this month.

Here is my graph and stats. I'll make sure to update the blog more often this month, post some hands and have some discutions with those interested.

Stats:

Graph:

I might change the name of my blog. Any ideas?

Mine is: The confused poker player.

Have a nice day!
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Update: Had a pretty good session today when I got back from work.

Won a three way pot all in for about 20$ profit. If it wasent for my kings running into aces, would been a sick session.

Heres the graph:

I might play another thousand hands a bit later. Still running at 12bb/100 after 12k hands. I might have a taste of NL20 earlier than I thought.

What bankroll would you guys recommend to give a shot at NL25?

Happy grinding!
    • SmokingDough
      SmokingDough
      Bronze
      Just popping in to say GL! Ill be following.

Cheers!:f_drink:
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      So yeah! So far I enjoy cash games. Played about 17.5k hands, winning at 9.5bb/100.

In a good mood, tilt free, playing my A game most of the time.

Im taking a break from poker tonight, having diner with family at my place. Sushi time!

Im going to post a graph probably at the end of the week! For now its really impressive, lets hope I keep it in the right direction :)

Cya later this week! :f_drink:
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      I totaly hit a brick wall today... I am a bit depressed.

I was up 200$ Over 23k hands. And I just lost 100$ in 9k hands in one day.

Stats for today:

Graph for today:

Graph overall:

I dont know what to say for today..

Is this standard?
    • SmokingDough
      SmokingDough
      Bronze
      Looks like you were running pretty badly. 10 bi swings isnt too out of the ordinary at 6max. Dont sweat it man, you will get it back. Just keep putting in the work and the results will come.