This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

4 way 3bet pots (deep stacked)

• FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Bronze
      What bet sizing should I use in this situation?

I am planning on starting to use a 30% bet size what do you think about that?

This situation has a arised 3 times in the last week and ive lost a 300bb stack each time and I believe it has something to do with the sizing I have chosen
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey FrozenElf,

I'll move this to the "No Limit" board where it will more likely be seen.

Regards

Laz
    • Hesticus
      Hesticus
      Hi FrozenElf,

It depends then what you have. When you have trips+, it should be pot size+ bets in my opinion for maximum value. Overpair x/c, highest pair x/c or x/f when re-raised, draws depends on the situation and board texture. All others I would fold.

Hope this helps, good luck at the tables!
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Position in multi way pots is as ever very important and so is board texture and finally reads and stats on opponents.
      Then I normally 3 options on an unopened pot:
      • Check - usually mean I have nuts on a non drawy board vs aggressive players or I give up
      • Small bet (20-40% pot) - varies, usually use vs regular as it allows me to maximise my range, induce in some case, bluff more etc, I normally barrel
      • Large bet (around 75% bet) - setting up for 3 street barrels, including river shove, on drawy boards or vs fish. again with a polarised range, if I think boards misses villain's range completely or with nuts type hands.
        I may or may not barrel depending of cards that come and how they hit villains range and mine.

I hope this help. This is basic. Each situation is unique and you have to adapt to it. having a game plan is good but the key is adapting to the situation. there is no one size fits all in poker ;)

best of luck