This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SSS after doubling up

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I'm playing on mac and java version, so unfortunatly no way to record hands, but one question..

NL 20

I was dealt AKo in Button, everyone folded, CO raised .6, i raise to 1.20 blinds fold, Co calls.

Pot $2.70
      A 7 9 rainbow, He bets, I all-in..

He has A 3 off , i win pot, around $8.

The hand after, i get AK in CO, folds and one limper around to same villan, hes all in.. I dont have any stats but have noticed he goes on tilt after almost any lost, so I call.

Is this right thing to do, with a stack of nearly 40 BB?
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Dadude77,

When going for a reraise, never ever minreraise! Why? Because it gives your opponent to hit his hand often and you will lose money in the long term.

I would reraise to $1.8 and if thats 40% of your stack or more, go all-in instead.

About your question about doubled stack and AKo, well play it as though you would play it if you have a 20bb stack so All-In!

Best regards,

Gerv
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      oops, i had mistyped, he min raised, it was .4

Ok, because he ended up sucking out on me with an AT, but wasnt sure of the right play
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      and if thats 40% of your stack or more, go all-in instead.

is it not 50% then all in?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      Originally posted by Gerv
      and if thats 40% of your stack or more, go all-in instead.

is it not 50% then all in?
      No because you will be committed on any Flop if he calls so basically you give him free cards to see ;)