Hello from Bangkok!

• nickycakes
      nickycakes
      Bronze
      Hey guys, new to the forum, American currently living in Bangkok, Thailand. Played some online poker back around 2003 (low-limit holdem) but have since forgotten everything. I understand there are some big poker guys living in BKK and on this forum (one of them introduced me). Anyway, just trying to recreationally get back into it. Looks like a lot of great info to soak up. Cheers!
  • 11 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello nickycakes

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

Are you still playing no limit cash games or you play now other format’s like SNG’s and/or tournaments?

If you are still playing cash games I recommend checking the threads No Limit Beginners course with confidant91 and No limit Starter Course with LemOn36 There you can find a lot of useful information I think.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • nickycakes
      nickycakes
      Bronze
      Well I just started playing again a couple days ago. Currently playing full .01/.02 no limit using the charts and instructions in "your first winning strategy" in the strategy section. Those two threads you linked seem to be for learning to play 6max. Should I switch to that?
    • Hesticus
      Hesticus
      Hello Nickycakes,

I am living in Bangkok too at the moment :) If you want, you can give me a personal message and we could keep in touch?

Cheers and good luck at the tables!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey nickycakes,

You should only switch from FR if you're comfortable with making the change. There is much more focus on 6-Max as the traffic is growing at the expense of FR.

You may find No limit Starter Course with LemOn36 a better option.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • nickycakes
      nickycakes
      Bronze
      I'm basically brand new at nl so I know very little about either. Which one would you recommend?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey nickycakes,

I think the LemOn36 course would be best for you. This is a reworking of our original NL Beginner's Course which taught many of our community how to become winning players.

Also this course has just started and you can attend the next live coaching on Monday night at 20:00 (GMT +2) by visiting this page close to the starting time.

Regards

Laz
    • nickycakes
      nickycakes
      Bronze
      Alright cool, will definitely be following that. Also, the fulltilt account I made through here somehow didn't get linked I guess (didn't give me an opt-in for pokerstrategy) and I've put in a ticket here to try to get that resolved a couple days ago but didn't hear back. Don't want to make any deposits until that gets fixed.
    • Farjan08
      Farjan08
      Basic
      Originally posted by nickycakes
      Hey guys, new to the forum, American currently living in Bangkok, Thailand. Played some online poker back around 2003 (low-limit holdem) but have since forgotten everything. I understand there are some big poker guys living in BKK and on this forum (one of them introduced me). Anyway, just trying to recreationally get back into it. Looks like a lot of great info to soak up. Cheers!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Farjan08

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

What you want to tell us with quoting the post of nickycakes?

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Farjan08
      Farjan08
      Basic
      :skype: :7h:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by nickycakes
      Alright cool, will definitely be following that. Also, the fulltilt account I made through here somehow didn't get linked I guess (didn't give me an opt-in for pokerstrategy) and I've put in a ticket here to try to get that resolved a couple days ago but didn't hear back. Don't want to make any deposits until that gets fixed.
      Hey nickycakes,

If you click on the "My Promotions" option from within the poker client, you should be taken to your personal page.

If you have entered all the details correctly during signup, then there should be a PokerStrategy.com logo. If so, simply click and follow the prompts. If not, then you will need to maintain a dialogue with our support.

Hope this helps

Laz