Do I lead out with a bluff?

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      7 players

Stacks:
      Hero (MP2) ($2.54)
      CO ($3.76)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 7 players) Hero is MP2 A:club: Q:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: K:heart: Q:diamond: T:heart: ($0.95, 2 players)
      Hero ?
  • 11 replies
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Raised to one opponent. C-bet flop and c/f if villain shows strength.

Would suggest tightening your range PF if you aren't sure in these situations with a >25BB stack. AQ in middle position perhaps too loose when with that stack SSS you'll be leaving when the blinds come around.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matt1234
      Raised to one opponent. C-bet flop and c/f if villain shows strength.
      C-bet normal 2/3 of the pot and play c/f from that point on unless any street improves your hand.

Btw, there's nothing wrong by playing AQ when you have a little increased stack.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Raising AQo on mp2 is not loose, it's tight, it's shortstack strategy SHC aproved :)

About the hand , lead out as you would do with any hand you are raising here.

you are heads up, this board hits your range pretty hard (altough fishy shortstack nl10 villian shouldn't know what a range is :D ).
    • clicks
      clicks
      Bronze
      Yes, AQo raise pf was correct play according to SSS SHC. In an SNG/MTT I wouldn't hesitate to bet this flop and c/f, but I'm new to cash and SSS and was unsure. Villan bet anyway and I folded. I'm pretty sure he had me beat even though he just cold called pf. The last time I raised and he cold called, I had checked the flop, he bet 2/3 to which I folded and he showed trips. Maybe even more reason to bluff me now?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      You can't asume villian has you beat every single time he calls a raise , nobody hits trips that often :) .
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clicks
      The last time I raised and he cold called, I had checked the flop, he bet 2/3 to which I folded and he showed trips.
      Do never check the flop when you raise preflop, there was not bet before you and you face only one opponent. C-bet is mandatory with SSS.
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Burek, my point wasnt that raising AQ from that position is too tight - but that you are likely to get in marginal situations from playing that hand from earlier position. I know its in the SHC but the strategy also says c-bet against one opponent - so live then maybe he doesn't know how to play these situations/hasnt read the articles and therefore would have a hard time making decisions

(having looked back at my previous post this is really what I meant to say.....but i just didnt :D
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      matt1234, I know what you mean, but still, with 25,4BBs AQ from middle is easy raise and not so much harder to play, however I would advise him to fold in case he had doubled up and had around 40 BBs. Then I think it's better to tighten up, at least to JJ+/AK.
    • clicks
      clicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      You can't asume villian has you beat every single time he calls a raise , nobody hits trips that often :) .
      I probably did have the best of it, at the time I was put of from betting by trying to follow the strategy too closely. Btw, I said that he had trips last time he bet (meaning his bets seemed genuine), not that I think he has trips every time he bets, lol.

Originally posted by burek2000
      Originally posted by clicks
      The last time I raised and he cold called, I had checked the flop, he bet 2/3 to which I folded and he showed trips.
      Do never check the flop when you raise preflop, there was not bet before you and you face only one opponent. C-bet is mandatory with SSS.
      I was against 2 opponents the last hand I played with Villan. Is it correct to bet then?

Originally posted by matt1234
      maybe he doesn't know how to play these situations/hasnt read the articles and therefore would have a hard time making decisions
      I have read them, just learning to follow them. I will probably have to read them again.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      ...and you face only one opponent.
      ;)

No, if there were 2 opponents and you didn't hit the flop, you have to give up the hand and play c/f till the end unless you improve your hand on turn or river.

I presumed from your post that you were only against the villain who flopped trips, because you didn't mention the other player.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Clicks,

As suggested by the other players, just make a conti-bet for $0.6 and give up the hand when you get Reraised.

If you spike one of your 6outs (2 Qs and 4 Js), continue betting as you should on the Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv