SNGS 45/90/180/360 or MTT Tournaments with more than 500 players

• cassio20
      cassio20
      Bronze
      Hey guys, as I am just starting out playing tournaments I wonder if I should start playing 45/90/180/360 SNGS or go for the tournaments where the field is a bit bigger like +1.000 players.

I have a small bankroll of $63.30 and I thought to start off by playing at $0.11/$0.27 MTT tournanents which gets a field of around 1.800 players, so I don't know if I am choosing it correctly or if I should go for the small field ones.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello cassio20

First of all I have moved you’re thread to the tournament section. This way tournament players will find it faster I think.

I’d like the smaller field tournaments with regular speed the most, because the swings aren’t so huge if you compare it with the turbo MTT (SNG)’s and than you don’t need a bankroll of more than 200 buy-inns to play it safe. Off course you need to have a lot of time to play those games and on Pokerstars there aren’t many small field tournaments. That’s why I like the smaller poker rooms a little bit more if play MTT’s, but that’s a personal opinion.

Hopefully helps this a little bit and if you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • cassio20
      cassio20
      Bronze
      Yeah it sure helps SDK1987! :f_thumbsup:

oh right, I wasn't sure where to put it, thank you for guiding me.

Yeah you pointed out exactly what I was thinking about, the time needed as well as the swings that's why I wasn't sure if I was making the right decision. I tried the $0.25 90 players yesterday just to feel what it's like and it's ok, also the way I play I feel like I can get to the ft more often, but the MTT +1K players it's always so much crazier.

So I will be checking here to see what the others think about that.

Thank you
    • APULIC
      APULIC
      Bronze
      Hi man
      if you want or like to play ,lets say poker more by the book i would suggest SNG,but if you like crazy ride with +1000 players for small investment(like i do ),then MTT.But most of all i like to try different type of games just to adopt my game in different environment and conditions.And some of trick you learn in a way can be helpfull when you confront with hard and though decisions.
      That is my opinion
      good luck
    • cassio20
      cassio20
      Bronze
      Hi Apulic, thank you for your opinion.

haha I do like this "crazy ride with +1000 players for small investment" and is what used to like the most, very tempting but I've noticed that I do much better at SNGs.

I will keep playing both for now then and see how it goes.

Thank you once again and good luck at the tables! .:f_thumbsup: