BR Management

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Just curious what others thought about playing according to FR BR management (move up at 300BB, etc) while playing SH (usually 500BB, etc.). But the key would be to only play 1, maybe 2 tables at a time, thus making better decisions (hopefully), but also slowing down the progress. Not multitabling also limits variance, so I was thinking that it might be acceptable to move up sooner.
  • 3 replies
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      If you're a really solid player an can keep yourself bothered with only 1 table I think you can play shorthanded with 300BB. I would not recommend it though unless you're prepared to move down if you have just 1 bad session.

And one more concern I have on this issue. I have often thought of it myself and sort of changed the BRM to make it fit my BR so I could move up in limits. So far that have cost me money.

What limit are you planning on moving up to?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi strat9,

multitabling only lowers your winrate but not your variance in first place. Sure the swing wil be a bit lower because of the higher winrate but FL SH is one of the games with the highest variance. I wouldn't recommend playing with less than 500BB.
      If you be aware of that you might have to move up AND down very often then you can play with less but the risk that you say yourself: "Ok 50BB then I move down. Ok only another 50BB...." and soon you find your self in the situation where you have to move down 2 limits at a time which can be very demotivating. :/

It's up to you anyway so do what you like the most. :)
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I am not moving up anywhere right now. But when I do, it will be from .5/1 to 1/2. I think I will try it once and see how it works out, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I just wanted to see what people thought and see their approach.