This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10sh QQ

• alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      hmmm overpair without a 3 bet preflop facing a raise , shove ok?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6,75
      BB:
      $12,75
      Hero:
      $10,35
      CO:
      $10,00
      BU:
      $22,05

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0,35, CO folds, BU calls $0,35, SB folds, BB calls $0,25.

Flop: ($1,10) T:club: , 2:diamond: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,75, BU raises to $3,35, BB folds, Hero raises to $10,00 (All-In), BU calls $6,65.
  • 5 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      BU doesnt look like a bad player, unless he made suckouts to win his 220BB stack.

This guy is so loose he could have anything from TP, overpair, 2pair, set, SD, FD, SD+FD, etc. Ask yourself this: Do you want to go broke with an OP here after investing just $1.10 or do you want to wait for a better spot?

I would wait for a better spot, since his AF isnt that high either. These LAGS make tons of money from ppl overplaying OPs.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Hi TheBrood thanks for answering.

Thanks for pointing the reasons why I should not going broke with my OP , I asked myself that question and said yes ( how do I love variance :D ) I have no idea if it's good or bad and that's why I posted the hand.

BU doesnt look like a bad player, unless he made suckouts to win his 220BB stack.

I have no idea how he won it, but you only need 1 suckout and one bluff to get a 220 bb stack. Also keep in mind 47 hands is not a decent sample , by rule I have no respect for my oponents until proven wrong :)
    • Coreprime
      Coreprime
      Bronze
      BU looks like a bad player with this stats, even its not a descent samplesize.
      But after his coldcall preflop and his rather big flop 3 bet, I would lay it down and wait for better spots, although he could do it with a flushdraw or overplay AT or something but I tihnk folding is better.
    • Escientist
      Escientist
      Global
      I wouldn't push flop, I'd call and c/raise all-in on the turn : I don't put him on a flushdraw - low AF -, so his range is bluff, middle pair who thinks u contibet with air, set.

Call flop/ c/raise turn is better to get value from bluffs and middle pairs.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      nh!

BU seems to be loose, and it's more likely he goes all the way with his draws on the flop then on the turn.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar