[NL20-NL50] NL25SH deep: cbet/push with good overpair on somewhat drawy flop after 3betting?

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      is calling the flop is an option, and how do I play the turn if so?
      I don't think folding is an option.

Full Tilt Poker
      $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game
      6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $46.60
      MP: $54.90
      CO: $48.60
      BTN: $50.55
      SB: $25
      Kruppe (BB): $50

Pre-Flop: Q:diamond: Q:club: dealt to Kruppe (BB)
      UTG folds
      MP folds
      CO folds
      BTN raises to $0.85
      SB folds
      Kruppe raises to $3
      BTN calls $2.15

Flop: ($6.10) 3:spade: 9:spade: 6:diamond: (2 Players)
      Kruppe bets $4.75
      BTN raises to $13
      Kruppe raises to $33.50
      BTN raises to $47.55 and is All-In
      Kruppe calls $13.50 and is All-In

Turn: ($100.10) 3:spade: 9:spade: 6:diamond: [ 7:heart: ] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($100.10) 3:spade: 9:spade: 6:diamond: 7:heart: [ 8:spade: ] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
  • 6 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      It's fold my dear, he called because he did have good odds for set, and he did hit the set.

fold to the flop raise
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      you are obviously giving him the implied odds he was expecting to get if he hit his set. it's obvious that he knows you have an overpair so he is not trying to make you fold which means he is extracting value :) It would be also good if we have some stats like AF.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Complicated hand. I would probably fold to such a big raise, you might be ahead, but that deep you better go away cheap, since I don't know what would he be raising here.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by spit22
      you are obviously giving him the implied odds he was expecting to get if he hit his set. it's obvious that he knows you have an overpair so he is not trying to make you fold which means he is extracting value :) It would be also good if we have some stats like AF.
      he doesn't know i have an overpair. i can resteal with all sorts of hands, and will often cbet. at the point where he raises, he doesn't know much about my range.

Originally posted by Solomaextra
      Complicated hand. I would probably fold to such a big raise, you might be ahead, but that deep you better go away cheap, since I don't know what would he be raising here.
      his raise size looks standard to me.
      I think he will play TT-JJ like this pretty much every time, or at least most of the time.
      I don't see why he shouldn't often raise when he has FD or some FD+SD or pair+SD/FD combo, and I guess he'll occasionally raise OESD.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      If his range is a set, combo draws and FD than you are flipping, not the worst situation to invest the money tho, I agree.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You´re deep.
      Getting stacked on that board imo is mistake.
      He won´t turn his overpair TT, JJ or middle pp into bluff.
      He´d rather call flop and see aht you´d do oin the turn
      So I´d b/f flop.
      Against very aggressive player your line is fine, but make 3-bet smaller- 27$ that he´d could also shove with draws.