Spin & Go Anniversary celebrations at PokerStars: Turn $0.50 into $1 million!

• JoshLogan
      JoshLogan
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

To ring in one year's worth of Spin & Go's played on the site, PokerStars is throwing an exciting anniversary celebration through the end of October.

During these celebrations, from now until November 30, you'll have the chance to win $1 million via special $0.50 and $5 buy-in Spin & Go tournaments now available in the poker lobby.

On top of these limited edition opportunities, don't forget you could also win seven-figures at any time through $100 Spin & Go's, which now boast a permanent $1 million jackpot.

Five free shots at $1 million

Fancy spinning that jackpot wheel a few times without reaching for your wallet?

Follow these simple steps to get five free shots at the special $0.50 Spin & Go's:

• Deposit at least $10 to your PokerStars account
      • This doesn't need to be your first deposit
      • Deposits must be completed before November 01 at 23:59 ET to be eligible
      • You must use the bonus code "ANNIVERSARY" when prompted during the deposit process
      • Enjoy a free Spin & Go ticket bundle worth $2.50

Daily Challenges

On top of the deposit bonus above, you can also net some free $1 million Spin & Go tickets by completing ONE of these three challenges available every day until November 01:]

• Play three Sit & Go/Spin & Go tournaments with a real money buy-in
      • Play one scheduled tournament with a real money buy-in
      • Play 30 real money ring game hands (includes Zoom)]

Every time you complete a challenge you'll receive an instant Bronze, Silver or Gold ticket to play one of the $1 million Spin & Go's:]

Prize LevelProbabiltyTicket Prize
      Bronze 95% $1 million Spin & Go ticket worth $0.50
      Silver 4.9% $1 million Spin & Go ticket worth $5
      Gold 0.10% $1 million Spin & Go ticket worth $100

Prizes & Probabilities

Most Spin & Go’s are played as ‘winner-takes-all’ affairs, but if the spinner hits one of the top three prize tiers the players finishing in second and third also receive prize money!

Here’s a breakdown of the prizes you can win in the $1 Million Spin & Go’s, and the probability of hitting each prize tier:

If you do not have a PokerStars account yet, take advantage of our first deposit bonus and click here to create one.
  • 26 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      The $5s are going to be my bread and butter till the end of the year because Stars' rep Baard Dahl has confessed on 2+2 that, according to his estimate, there will be a $1M winner within 'just over 2 months' with only a 50% probability.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Interesting. To bad the promotion takes only 2 weeks, but a change is a change I think.
      Good luck everyone :gl:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      The Missions (the ticket giveaway) last for only 2 weeks indeed, but the $0.50 and $5 spins are going to remain in the lobby for quite a while after that, though no one can tell for how long.

:gl:
    • rompas
      rompas
      i will spew around at the 50 cents for sure :f_ugly:
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      A couple of comments I posted in the news article (but comments tend to get lost, and if they don't, then I tend to miss responses - so better to post here...)

The $1m spins have higher rake than the others (within the rake structure) - worth steering clear of IMO.
      $0.50 - 8% Rake - $1m game
      $1 - 7% Rake
      $3 - 6% Rake
      $5 - 7% Rake - $1m game
      $7 - 6% Rake
      $15 - 5% Rake
      $30 - 5% Rake

Unfortunately as I've just made a withdrawal from Stars, I cannot see the rake any higher....does it fall below 5%?
      Ok - I'm sure I'm doing something wrong (as opposed to Stars doing something wrong) - but I cannot reconcile the prize frequency distributions with the prize funds declared by Pokerstars.
      For example - the $5 Spins are declared by Stars as $4.65 + $0.35, but when I calculate the EV of each spin, then, to 4 decimal places, I make the prize pool $4.6247. Although, we're only talking of Stars "overcharging" by 2.5c per game, multiply that out by all the spins played and it would be quite a substantial sum.
      For the $0.50 games, Stars declare $0.46+$0.04, yet my calculations come out at $0.4575 - so this time you could almost justify Stars position by rounding, but it would still be wrong IMO....
      .....unless of course my maths is totally wrong.....
      For the $100 games, I calculate the prize pool as $94.6667 - but don't know what the stars declared rake/prizepool is for that limit.....
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Here's my calculations ( to make it easier to spot any errors):

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      You forgot to add the second and third place prizes which are awarded at the top three multiplier levels and are 10 times lower than the first place prize.

And you're not taking into account that the $5s are softer than the $3s and $7s normally are, so they're still well worth playing even with the extra rake (and Stars know that, hence the rake increase). I'm not going to persuade you any further, though, your grind is your business :yaoming:
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      You forgot to add the second and third place prizes which are awarded at the top three multiplier levels and are 10 times lower than the first place prize.

And you're not taking into account that the $5s are softer than the $3s and $7s normally are, so they're still well worth playing even with the extra rake (and Stars know that, hence the rake increase). I'm not going to persuade you any further, though, your grind is your business :yaoming:
      I knew I had something wrong :) I never knew there were prizes lower......
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      No problem :)

To answer your other question, the rake at the 60s and 100s is the same 5%, though it used to be 4% at the 30s in 2014. Again, Stars are well aware that there are enough people willing to play with the 5% rake even with queueing tools banned, so they see no sense in lowering it back to 4% thus far.
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      $1m spin currently running - it hit at $5....
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Tourney number 1354331417 if you want to watch....
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Russia Lithuania and Brazil....
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Now HU....
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Soooo rigged :rolleyes: (I mean, the tendency of high multipliers to be hit on the early days is becoming hardly believable.)
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Won by the Brazilian - the right result - the other guy was consistently folding at 3 or 4 BB!!!

• Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      For a player that regs $1 spins, I'm still not sure if it's worth switching to $0.50 during the promotion or should you just stay at $1?
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Neither: get $500 somewhere and move up to $5s asap :f_thumbsup: I doubt that it's possible to have an ITM of over 50% at $0.50s - the luck factor is big anyway - so moving down there is not better than beating $1s with 42% ITM. (I'm not sure what kinds of ITMs regs of $1s typically have, that's just a ballpark estimate; MrCardman, who's going to coach the Russian community this Saturday, reported having 39% ITM / 9% ROI EV at $5s duing their previous run, if I'm not mistaken, but he's really strong.)
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      The third million dollar spin has hit - won this time by a Brit (don't know who won the other....).... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC0yEac6JEs&feature=youtu.be
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Neither: get $500 somewhere and move up to $5s asap :f_thumbsup: I doubt that it's possible to have an ITM of over 50% at $0.50s - the luck factor is big anyway - so moving down there is not better than beating $1s with 42% ITM. (I'm not sure what kinds of ITMs regs of $1s typically have, that's just a ballpark estimate; MrCardman, who's going to coach the Russian community this Saturday, reported having 39% ITM / 9% ROI EV at $5s duing their previous run, if I'm not mistaken, but he's really strong.)
      I'd be really interested in anyone who can post their results, and the differences between results at the different levels.....not a big enough sample to infer anything, but here are my results so far.....

For comparability purposes, the all in chip ev per game comes out as follows:

$0.50: -89
      $1: 113
      $3: 78
      $5: 137
      $7: -5
      Overall: 91