PT4 Stan James hands

• mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      Hi just registered on mirco gaming stan james and fired up my PT4. The HUD is working fine but I can't see where the processed hands are going,

I have the following file which seems to be running & tracking fine on PT4 but I want to export the hand histories so I can put them in Snowie or see them like it does with my stars account [C:\Microgaming\Poker\stanjamesgibMPP\GameHistory.dat]

I checked the config section on microgaming and preferences it says more processed hands here : C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed but there is no microgaming or stan james folder being created.... only my stars one

Any ideas how I can get the export from PT4 to run and also how to get them into Snowie
  • 5 replies
    • mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      bump
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Unlike most poker sites, Microgaming sites such as Stan James use a hand history database file (the .dat file you refer to) rather than individual text-based hand histories. For that reason there's essentially nothing for PokerTracker4 to move to its processed folder later on since the .dat file needs to remain in place for Stan James to add the next new hands to.

To access Stan James hand histories you can use the various PokerTracker4 report windows that have an individual hand listing. Or if it's entire sessions you want copies of you can do "Database -> Export Hands": https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/tutorials/exporting-your-database
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Speaking of, couldn't you make it possible (if it's impossible) for PT4 to import MPN database files that were moved out of their original folder for backup purposes? (It's well-known that, in order for the HUD to be initialised fast, MPN DB files need to be cleared from time to time via the Configuration & Site Settings menu, so was backing up the DB files before clearing to have an extra source of HHs in addition to PT4 DB backups, but as far as I remember, PT4 didn't recognise a backup MPN .dat file after I uninstalled the client).
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Speaking of, couldn't you make it possible (if it's impossible) for PT4 to import MPN database files that were moved out of their original folder for backup purposes? (It's well-known that, in order for the HUD to be initialised fast, MPN DB files need to be cleared from time to time via the Configuration & Site Settings menu, so was backing up the DB files before clearing to have an extra source of HHs in addition to PT4 DB backups, but as far as I remember, PT4 didn't recognise a backup MPN .dat file after I uninstalled the client).
      PokerTracker4 will auto/manual import a .dat file no matter where the file is, we get them from customers from time to time to investigate a particular problem and to be honest I'm not sure I've ever run into one that PokerTracker4 wouldn't at least try to import from - might your trouble be the backup(s) had no hands in it, or possibly the file was corrupt, etc.? Was this an actual import error? Or PokerTracker4 just didn't see the file so you couldn't even try the import?

We'd be happy to look into the matter if you want to compress one you're having trouble with and send it in a ticket here: https://support.pokertracker.com/support/ticket/6

If the compressed copy ends up being larger than 5M so unable to be attached to your ticket you can open the ticket anyway to tell us the situation and we'll provide an upload link you can send it to.
    • bacibaci123
      bacibaci123
      Bronze
      :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: