J. from CO

• jgallegos
      jgallegos
      Basic
      Hey all, Im J. and living in Denver Metro. I have been playing recreationally since about 2006. I play some online but prefer Live.

Felt I was a pretty good player (better then break even). Until last year. I played HPT in Blackhawk CO and basically learned that I had a lot to learn. Had a few big name pros @ my table and turned into a mouse. I lasted through the end of that day but busted out before break for day 2. I wasn't really mad but it did open my eyes that I needed a lot of help and work.

It is now almost a year later, I have been working with a coach for the past 5 months, reading books, and using some online/ offline training software. I am at the point where I feel comfortable discussing different ideas and theory with others. I have not ever used forums so this will definitely be something new for me. I came across this site today, looked around and really like it. So here I am.

Hope to make some friends and learn a lot more.

Feel free to send a message.
      J.
  • 1 reply
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi J
      Welcome to Poker Strategy.
      It is good to see a live player in the community. I have only played online and can't wait to play a live game. Maybe after a while you can start a blog and will be interesting to hear about the games you have played.
      What ever your skill level Poker Strategy has lots of great articles and forums to help make you make the most of your game.
      PS host a great video tutorial section for many different games and strategies found here
      Though out the year there are many challenges where you can win status upgrades and other prizes.
      There is also a TaF (Tell a Friend) promotion scheme which will reward you money to help build your bank roll or buy tools with!
      Many members also have there own blogs to help them track there progress and experiences, for example a good place to visit is the 'Learning to win' forum found here

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt