Problems linking NEW pokerstars account with pokerstrategy

• ryuuu
      ryuuu
      Gold
      I understand that it's impossible to link an old pokerstars account with pokerstrategy. This thread is about linking a new one.

I never played real money poker on pokerstars, I only downloaded it about 5 years ago to try other types of poker with play money ie.: 7 card stud, Omaha Hi-Lo, Badugi and 2-7. Frankly, I don't even remember what the account name is, what e-mail it was registered to, etc. That account was not linked to pokerstrategy. I never made an account on Pokerstars where I would have deposited money, and I originally did learn about the poker room through pokerstrategy.

Recently I was playing NLHE cash games on iPoker and decided it could be good to have a real money account on pokerstars as well, due to the higher traffic there outside of peak hours. So, not really caring about my old account (as it was worthless, and I didn't remember it's details regardless), I went on to create a new account on Pokerstars where I intended to make a deposit. I entered the 'pokerstrategy' code into the marketing section of 'How did you learn about us?', but no pop-up about information sharing appeared. So, is this an error? Or do Pokerstars somehow track the IP address of accounts created? Is it because of the country I am playing from (Czech Republic)? Or are there other reasons why linking wouldn't have worked or the Information sharing pop-up wouldn't have appeared? Details about information sharing don't appear in the account section either.

I don't want to deposit on a new account at Pokerstars without it being linked to Pokerstrategy, I'd rather keep playing on iPoker and perhaps diversify to other sites. Is there any information you can share with me about how I can create a new Pokerstars account & link it to Pokerstrategy?

Thanks for the help,
      ryuuu.
  • 3 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi ryuuu,

Sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing.

Generally, if you create your account through our instructions and you follow all the steps closely, everything should work. It sounds like something went wrong in your case though. However, we can't check on our end if your account was linked to PokerStrategy.com correctly, or what the error was if your account indeed isn't linked.

Therefore, I'd recommend you to contact PokerStars support and ask them if your account was linked to PokerStrategy.com correctly or not. They will be able to verify this for you. Here is their email address:

support@pokerstars.com (or .eu)

Please let us know their reply and we'll see if there's anything else we can do for you in this case based on that :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • ryuuu
      ryuuu
      Gold
      Their reply:

Thank you for the email.

Unfortunately, I have to confirm that your PokerStars account is not linked to PokerStrategy and therefore you are not eligible to receive any associated benefits with this site.

Please also note that we are unable to retroactively link your account to this site. In order to be tracked to PokerStrategy, you would have to have registered your account with PokerStars through one of the links or banners available on PokerStrategy's website.

Moreover, it is not possible to close your existing account and allow you to open a new one in order to be tracked to PokerStrategy.

There is a number of reasons why players could not have their account linked when signing up with PokerStars:
      Cookies are turned off (They were on)
      Software Firewalls are enabled. (I had Windows Defender on, but doesn't everybody have some basic firewall on most of the time?)
      Anti-virus protection. (Same as above)
      Player did not enter the Marketing Code. (I copy pasted pokerstrategy from the text here in the sign-up process)
      Player entered the bonus code "STARS600" in the Marketing Code field during the sign up process. (Same as above)
      Player visited another site prior to signing up. (Not quite sure what this means? Like if I visited everestpoker.com before signing up, it wouldn't work? Seems bizarre, but I didn't do that anyways.)

Anyways I am not sure, what there is to learn from this really. They seem quite decisive about not linking old accounts and/or doing anything about this particular situation. One thing that comes to mind is to tell people to turn off their cookies and firewall/anti-virus whilst signing up and put that into the sign-up section.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey ryuuu,

As a last resort, you can check within the Stars client to see if there is an 'Information Sharing' link as per the link below:

Information sharing statement

It is possible that you may have used the correct marketing code but haven't opted in. Unfortunately, if you don't see that option then all is lost.

Regards

Laz