[NL2-NL10] Nl25 Sss - Kk

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      I have one question about how this hand was played. Would it be better to bet something like 2$ on the flop instead of going direcly all-in? I just thought that villian maybe would call/reraise instead of folding with TP/middlepair/draw more often then when they are facing a shove. Could this be more profitable in the long run? Should I do something like this or should I just play the same way in simular situations?

Full Tilt, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
      Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: $3.05 (12.2 bb)
      SB: $4.75 (19 bb)
      BB: $5.05 (20.2 bb)
      MP1: $20.65 (82.6 bb)
      Hero (MP2): $4.90 (19.6 bb)
      MP3: $5 (20 bb)
      CO: $17.30 (69.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP2 with K
      MP1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.25, 3 folds, MP1 calls $1

Flop: ($4.10) T (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $3.65 and is all-in, CO folds, MP1 calls $3.65

Turn: ($11.40) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($11.40) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $11.40 pot ($0.55 rake)
      Hero showed Kc Ks (a pair of Kings) and won $10.85 ($5.95 net)
      MP1 showed 8h 8s (a pair of Eights) and lost (-$4.90 net)
  • 6 replies
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      nice play go all in as it is a very drawy board
    • dzejkej
      dzejkej
      Bronze
      I like the way you played it. If you bet $2 you are allowing them to draw quite cheaply - especially if both stays in pot. Also if you bet $2, your turn push will look bit funny and you will be nervous if diamond or other broadway hits. Also if you are pushing on flop with good draws or overcards, push with kings here, so they won't be able to narrow your range.

My noob $0.02 :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      The board is drawy, so you need to protect your hand and since you have less than potsize left in your stack the push is only way to go here, because any other bet amount would look ridiculous.
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      nh
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      The board is drawy, so you need to protect your hand and since you have less than potsize left in your stack the push is only way to go here, because any other bet amount would look ridiculous.
      agree

also nh.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello PetterG2,

[quote][A]Would it be better to bet something like 2$ on the flop instead of going direcly all-in? I just thought that villian maybe would call/reraise instead of folding with TP/middlepair/draw more often then when they are facing a shove. [B] Could this be more profitable in the long run? [C]Should I do something like this or should I just play the same way in simular situations?[/quote][A] If you see the board, it is semi-connected and flushy so therefore you have to protect your Kings by betting as much as possible, since you are playing 3 way, you have to go all-in. If you were Heads-Up the pot wouldn't be so big.

[B] If you want to bet 1/2 of your stack 3-way, you let your opponent give a free card (fourth street) because you are going all-in anyway. On the other hand, they might call you with middle pair and stuff but the Risk:Reward ratio is far too high to do this tricky move, shoving is +++EV while your idea is just +EV or even =EV (breakeven)

[C] This play is fine , well played :)

Best regards,

Gerv