Any reason why there aren't more regular speed tournaments in microstakes?

• Doorhandle
      Doorhandle
      Basic
      I am really sick of having to play turbo tournaments. As a financially struggling student, I really cannot afford to have any more than $50 on my pokerstars account. As a result, the only tournaments accessible to me (as someone who likes to manage their bankroll resposibly) are turbos. Turbos hardly even feel like poker, the variance is through the roof and a lot of the time it is the ultimate struggle just to keep up with the blinds. In other words, you just have to get lucky with hands and all ins to have a good shot at making the top 50.

There is one $1.10 tournament at regular speed that I know of, and that is just not enough for me. So anyways, does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would love to be able to start having a conversation about that to hopefully give pokerstars a little nudge in the right direction.

Otherwise, does anyone have any tips for turbos? I am getting really sick of them.
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Doorhandle

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

I have moved you’re thread to the tournament section. This way you get faster feedback of tournament players.

I expect turbo tournaments are a lot more popular than regular tournaments. Other alternatives is playing regular $1 180 mans or 0,25c 45/90 mans to improve you’re bankroll. This way you can still play a lot of games I think without playing turbo games. All games are easy to beat I think.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Doorhandle,

Welcome to Poker Strategy

What ever your skill level Poker Strategy has lots of great articles and forums to help make you make the most of your game.
      A good place to start is in the strategy section 'poker for beginners' found here
      PS also host a great video tutorial section for many different games and strategies found here
      Though out the year there are many challenges where you can win status upgrades and other prizes.
      There is also a TaF (Tell a Friend) promotion scheme which will reward you money to help build your bank roll or buy tools with!
      Many members also have there own blogs to help them track there progress and experiences, for example a good place to visit is the 'Learning to win' forum found here

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt