Unibet freezes withdrawal

• Preaver
      Preaver
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I deposited a few thousand USD to my account last year and haven't been playing since (no time and different priorities in life). Now I tried to cashout the money and it was declined. I also tried talking to customer support here, but they are complete rubbish. Unfriendly and they ignore every other email I wrote (even though I was friendly and forthcoming all the time), and if they reply they only state their terms and conditions and they give a damn about my explanations regarding this situation.

Anyway, it is like this now: They expect me to turnover the ENTIRE deposit and I simply don't have the time anymore to play poker like I used to. What's my line here now, any ideas ? :-(
      Obviously I would like to cashout the money as soon as possible without major losses... What to do? Put a few thousand on Red/Black in roulette and then cashout whatever is left?
  • 16 replies
    • DonkeyDirk
      DonkeyDirk
      Silver
      Have you uploaded your ID and stuff for that security check. I had a withdrawal reversed aswell but as soon as i verified my idenity and stuff everything was fine :)
    • Preaver
      Preaver
      Bronze
      Yeah I've been playing there for a couple of year and no problems so far, so this is not the issue here.
      They told me specifically to "turn over the deposit". Discussion with customer service reps was unfruitful, no concession on their side, no warning etc
    • Preaver
      Preaver
      Bronze
      Now I've turned over the whole sum with some weird Roulette tactics... just so that I could quickly cashout.

Then the first cashout (of 2k USD) was approved and the 2nd was declined. Now they are telling me that I still can't withdraw the whole sum, because I have wagered not the full sum.
      In short: Unibet is a place full of cutthroaths and they don't seem to care one bit what they say as long as they can take advantage of me. Seriously the worst experience I have ever had in my entire poker history and I recommend everyone to stay as far away as possible from this site.
    • DonkeyDirk
      DonkeyDirk
      Silver
      Originally posted by Preaver
      Now I've turned over the whole sum with some weird Roulette tactics... just so that I could quickly cashout.

Then the first cashout (of 2k USD) was approved and the 2nd was declined. Now they are telling me that I still can't withdraw the whole sum, because I have wagered not the full sum.
      In short: Unibet is a place full of cutthroaths and they don't seem to care one bit what they say as long as they can take advantage of me. Seriously the worst experience I have ever had in my entire poker history and I recommend everyone to stay as far away as possible from this site.
      This is very strange indeed i have been playing on unibet for 3 years now never had any problems with cashouts. It also very strange you get forced to gamble with the money if you just played poker with it before. Hope things get fixed soon.

Also any pokerstrategy person can check these things for a tracked account it has been 2 days without a response :) And the person having the problems is a player from 2006 with over 14k posts so you might wanne help him out here :)
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi guys,

@Preaver, we contacted Unibet on your behalf 2 weeks ago, you have been informed by our customer service person accordingly. Please note that when it comes to security matters - often money-related, the rooms will not share detailed information on this with us. This is due to their security policy which is confidential. As your case falls in the above category, we need to ask you to speak directly to Unibet. Sorry we can't be of more help.
    • Preaver
      Preaver
      Bronze
      Hello,

let me clear up a few things. Speaking to Unibet directly is very difficult. First they sometimes simply ignored my emails and in the Live Chat you often have unqualified support members. It goes as far that they simply state "You have to turn over the money, sorry Sir". It seems friendly, but they don't answer any questions at all and they have even ended the chat without reason (I was never insulting or rude).

"Vilma : I will check this for you from the relevant department
      Vilma : I have been informed that we will get back to you when you have played enough to withdraw the money, sorry for the inconvenience"

I'm never really told what I still need to do. After I have wagered the first 15k USD in question the first time, they told me in the chat, that I had only wagered 8000. Then I wagered another 8000. And still they told me it's not enough, I need to play more. Their reasoning was that "winnings dont count in the wagering". But I checked this 100%, I definitely bet way over 20k USD now in Roulette (incl. Losses of ~1,5k in total...)

Now the next question: Why am I so stupid to play Roulette? Well what choice do I have. Try wagering 15k USD in poker, if you don't play any longer and have very little time. That would take ages... and would probably be -EV as well due to the fact that I no longer play and probably I am a losing player.
      So yes, they keep forcing me to play more and more roulette by changing their own rules and forcing me to play more and loose more at the same time. What can I do?
      I just lost the 1,5k yesterday and today another cashout was denied. There is no end to this it seems and PokerStrategy claims they can't support me in any way. What is an affiliate for then?
    • gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      Try asking Andrew in the two plus two official unibet thread (assuming he is still active there)
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      Just go to livebetting, place few hundred across multiple teams, then when you have a couple minutes free time later in the day, do the same.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      There is no end to this it seems and PokerStrategy claims they can't support me in any way. What is an affiliate for then?
      Sorry to hear you're still having problems. Let me highlight again the fact that we indeed tried and spoke to Unibet. As stated in my previous post - Unibet does not disclose or discuss any matters that fall under their security policy. They, as any other company, have their procedures to which the employees need to adhere. I really wish we could help you - but unfortunately we can't. Fingers crossed this situation will get solved.
    • Preaver
      Preaver
      Bronze
      I wrote another mail to them and yesterday I suddenly received all the money to my Skrill account without even requesting a cashout. So technically it is resolved.

But it still remains a very bad feeling with this site and I will strongly speak out against anyone playing there. They really forced me to gamble and were everything but friendly in nice in all this matter. And obviously there is the Loss of 1,5k USD, which is mainly due to Unibet and their questionably politics.
      Anyway, matter solved, and everyone should decided by themselves what to think of Unibet...
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I wrote another mail to them and yesterday I suddenly received all the money to my Skrill account without even requesting a cashout. So technically it is resolved.
      Thanks for the info, glad it's solved :)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Basically just FYI, this is something that many of the sites do, including big sites like stars.

The only bit that might seem unfair is the inconsistency. In many cases you might get away with depositing a certain amount, not playing, then cashing out. But not always. Many sites have some kind of policy where they expect you to have "reasonable usage" of the funds deposit. In most cases this is not strictly enforced, and the annoying part is that there is usually not an exact specified rollover. So it could be as little as a few hands or as much as an entire rollover. Many sites are even not forthcoming about the exact wagering requirement, even if you ask them directly, because they essentially make it up as they go along.

Part of their gaming license will revolve around making sure reasonable steps are taken to ensure that criminal activity such as money laundering does not take place. So if they ever feel you are using them more like a bank than a poker site, you have a much higher chance of being singled out. In most cases they don't really care on a personal level if you are depositing or withdrawing without playing. They essentially just cause certain players trouble so that their asses are covered when their gaming license ends up under investigation.

So don't take it personally. The site don't have any strong feelings about this, they are just following protocol and ensuring their license doesn't get revoked. Anyway, it's annoying as hell, this has happened to me a few times.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      By the way, as for Unibet causing trouble with withdrawals - normally, it doesn't happen. Most people withdraw money fast and without a hassle. Your case was dear Preaver, was more of an unfortunate exception related to the very big amount of money deposited and no activity.

To be clear (for anyone becoming concerned about Unibet's approach described above): the safe way is to deposit and play with the money put in your account and generate genuine activity, this way you should not have problems with withdrawing your money.

Regards.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Cheers, w34z3l :) didn't see your post :f_drink:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Basically this is nothing specific to do with Unibet. Even Pokerstars did this to me a couple of times. So it shouldn't be taken as a sign of corruption, possibly the opposite in fact.
    • Preaver
      Preaver
      Bronze
      Just another note from my side: I even made clear to Unibet straight from the beginning that I understood their point and agreed that it was unfortunate that I never played with the deposit I made. But there were several things in the way Unibet reacted which you can NOT attest to all the poker sites and which are definitely very fishy and questionable:

a) They were really uncooperative, short answer to completely ignoring my inquiries.
      b) A few support members were rude. I especially remember Simona as a terrible rep.
      c) They were unwilling to find a solution for this and they didn't respond to my argument that my deposit was made months ago. A compromise was never possible with them. (Okay this is not really reprehensible but just shows how extremely strict they are)
      d) It is a fact that they changed their cashout requirement they placed on me more than once, at at least never really clarified from the beginning what they meant and in the end simply interpreted it however they liked. -> This is obviously the worst part and does not further any kind of trust in a site handling your money.