This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 QQ - turn cbet

• johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Overview:

Not sure about this one. After he called me on the flop I assumed he had a draw (particularly considering his WTS stat). If he had a made hand there was nothing much I could do in any case. So I didn't really consider the K to be that threatening - It seemed unlikley that I would have been called preflop with KT for instance. KJ possibly, but then he wouldnt have had the odds to call my flop bet. Plus I had plenty of fold equity from my two previous bets.

Good decision? Overthinking? Post size bet on the flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.05
      BB:
      $17.15
      MP1:
      $8.20
      MP2:
      $24.40
      MP3:
      $30.80
      CO:
      $17.15
      BU:
      $16.90

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, 4 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 8:diamond: , 9:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00 (All-In), MP3 calls $3.00.

River: ($11.35) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.35
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I go broke here as well. If he called your flop bet with AK, he just made a bad call, so be it. But other than that, K on the turn doesn't complete any draw and shouldn't improve his hand, therefore I push here. Besides he looks like a calling station, so it's a push for value.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello John,

You can bet some more on the Flop and I sometimes do that because of the coordinated board but the result is the same on the Turn: All-In :) So I recommend betting more like $2 on the Flop

Pushing on the Flop is overbetting and high variance so I would not recommend that

Best regards,
      Gerv