[NL2-NL10] JJ at BB... push correct???

• bordzter
      Did I correctly made the push here???

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.40, 4 folds, SB raises to $1.90 (All-In), Hero calls $1.90 (All-In), UTG calls $1.90, MP1 calls $1.60.

Flop: ($7.90) 3:club: , 6:club: , Q:club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $7.51, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($15.41) Q:heart:
      River: ($15.41) 6:diamond: (3 players)

Final Pot: $15.41
  • 4 replies
    • matt1234
      I'm not sure about this. UTG limps, someone raises and then someone raises all-in? Your JJ shrinks here, and even with the given odds I can't help thinking you are up against a bigger pair here. Would probably fold, but would like to hear others thoughts....
    • burek2000
      JJ is easy fold to a raise and reraise imo. There are some maniacs on low limits who push almost any pair, but without stats or reads I think JJ is a fold.

However, I would push QQ on this limit.

And most of the time, if you're not sure about your hand, just play according to articles, which tell you to fold JJ in such a situation. That way you will avoid troubles.
    • dzejkej
      Fold, IMO. SB range is very strong most of the time (we don't have stats), so if UTG and MP1 both fold, I would expect you to have around 37% equity. If UTG and/or MP1 calls, then overcards and overpairs they have in their calling range are lowering your equity even a lot more.

Originally posted by burek2000
      However, I would push QQ on this limit.
      I would also if I know two other queens will come on board :D . If SB has ugly avatar, strange name or he looks suspicius, I'm pushing w/ QQ, if he looks as serious SSSer, I will push KK+ and fold QQ with tears in my eyes :( . But it is really close for me :) .
    • Gerv
      Hello Bordzter,

Stick to basic SSS therefore you have to fold AK,QQ,JJ if you see 2 raises in front of you. I will cross the QQ because I think you can push QQ if you 2 raises in front of you.

Best regards,