This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How about this time? - Aim for the stars, end up in a tree

• nickvald
      nickvald
      Bronze
      Hello fellow humans!
      I have been playing poker sporadically for a few years, playing half a year/not playing for a year.

I started playing about five years ago and did not particularly well, though eager to learn (which I didn't). Two on and offs later i did pretty well ending up playing nl10 regularly. As always, a time came when sets got beat by higher sets, bluffs never worked and common sense seemed to be a scarce commodity. I ended up loosing almost my whole bankroll.

Last time I tried the game of poker I did better! Taking shots at nl25 which started promising. But again, when the dark times of variance (which wasn't, I was just playing really bad!) my bankroll was down at 30 bucks......

At the moment I'm home quite a lot, taking care of our puppy and studying. So I thought "maybe I can play some poker aswell". So with 30 bucks on my account, and a few more videos watched here on pokerstrategy I was fit for fight! :f_drink:

What have I learned from last time?
      I have noticed that I had some tremendous leaks!
      - I wasn't enough aware of position
      - I couldn't tell a good board vs a bad board for c-beting
      - I couldn't fold river vs a raise

There are of course more leaks in my game but these are the biggest ones! After I realised these and adjusting my game I immediately started making profit :truestory:

Why am I making this blog?
      Well hopefully this will keep me motivated and not making any stupid things along the way.

:spade: :spade: :spade: :spade:

So coming down to goals and stuff..

Bankroll management

30$ -> 100$ nl2
      100$ -> 200$ nl5
      200$ -> 600$ nl10 (I will move down if I loose 5BI)
      600$ -> ??? nl25 (Have not thought about this very hard, but hopefully will be taking shots at nl25 this year atleast)

I guess I should have some volume goals aswell, but it's difficult with puppy, studies and what else. Will see in a month or two :f_grin:

Bankroll: 168.45

How my nl5 is going so far:
      [img]http://imgur.com/vUyy5Ru[/img]

Not really sure what to have in the pic..

That's about it I think... wish me best of luck! :f_biggrin:
  • 5 replies
    • nickvald
      nickvald
      Bronze
      What to say about this day...

My girlfriend was not home today and the dog was very tired. My studying was at a constant rate of 0% so I played a lot! It was a few sessions during the day. It started of really good! I was up about 8BI. But unfortunately another leak came to show itself:

- Not knowing when to stop playing...

So I ended up loosing almost all profit, playing tired and hungry... :ayfkm:
      The last shittyness was under EV by almost 1BI (Not much for comfort though).

Anyhow, results of today:

:profit: : 7.17$
      Bankroll: 140.40$ (purple is the new BR color, so nice... wow)
      The reason I have profit but still BR went down is because I made the blog including the prior profits of today.
    • nickvald
      nickvald
      Bronze
      My new morning routine

My girlfriend goes up pretty early in the morning, and the dog with her. I get up a bit later and take the dog out and play with her for a while. After this she's tired again and sleeps for a bit. I eat breakfast during this time and from now on I will be reviewing some of my biggest winners and loosers meanwhile. I was thinking going through my hands played 3 days ago, so they're not so fresh in my head. A session will follow :f_grin:
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      better to go trough hands played that very same day because you remember other stuff such as your thought process at table and timings and table image
    • nickvald
      nickvald
      Bronze
      Thanks for your input! I was thinking that maybe still other things would affect my thoughts during the review the same day. But I guess it's better to be able to have the things you mention in mind.

So yesterday I played a session which started in the same fashion where I left off the day before... after 1000 hands I had lost 3BI and after 2500 hands I was down 5BI. Right about here I pulled my sh*t together and managed to win back most of it ending up with a loss of 1.93$, soooo.....

:why: : 1.93$
      Bankroll: 138.45$

After checking through some hands I noticed that I sometimes still choose to c-bet on pretty bad boards...

I'm going to work this weekend so probably no poker at all.
    • nickvald
      nickvald
      Bronze
      Yesterday I played a short session which ended up in red unfortunately. I reviewed the biggest hands and I noticed that I have adjusted my game with TP in a good way. Overpair though is a bit overplayed, which caused the red numbers...

So results of yesterday:

:why: : 7.88$
      Bankroll: 130.44$