Spin n Go study group

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I've started with spin n go's recently and am looking for a study group. We learn by talking hands, so if anyone is interested let me know. It's a 100% EV guarantee. I'm playing $1 at stars for the moment.

Cheers!
  • 10 replies
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Hey Zero,

Did you not get any responses to this?

I'm have also been thinking about starting a Spins study group, but have held off as I'm moving house soon and am not sure how long I may be without the internet .... but I'm also expecting to have a lot of spare time in the next few weeks, so it might be an idea for me to get started, and then maybe take a break when I move if I dont have internet (just before Christmas, hopefully).

My vague vision was to exchange databases with others and look for spots where one of us outperforms the other and then get the better performing player to explain their thought process and rational. The database exchange would of course be for offline study only - I understand it is a breach of Pokerstars T&C if we use that information whilst playing and have no intentions in doing so (indeed I think the player pool is large enough that there is zero advantage in doing so - I never seem to face the same players twice). Kind of like "benchmarking" one another. How does that approach sound to you? My approach, my personality is very much emphasizing the analytical/statistical side of the game ...... Having said that, I often (usually) don't know what the normal, expected plays are and think I lag behind most on Pokerstrategy in that respect - I couldn't clearly define my ranges to you in specific spots - and indeed, I would imagine that there is quite a lot of variance in approach from me in similar spots - simply through making different decisions with the same information at different times.......

I don't have a mic, or even Skype, so I don't know how you prefer to communicate - my preference would be simply email.....as much as anything - I like the time to work through things slowly and methodically....

Just been looking at your blog - so will explain a little about me too :) Like you, I'm forty something (where have the years gone?). I live in the UK and have been playing poker since 2005, and have generally done well enough to be profitable at whatever format I've played, but have never really managed to move on beyond the micros, mostly through lack of self belief and confidence. I had a successful 2 year (ish) period on pokerstars playing Heads Up cash, getting to Supernova and winning over $30k, but lost my confidence on a downswing and never really felt confident enough to return to grinding. I think that the spins make good use of that experience I had at HU cash. My all time results on Pokerstars Spins are in the table below. I also play some twisters on iPoker (enough to get to Gold on Pokerstrategy), but don't trust the tracking in HM2 enough to post those results (though profitable as well) as they miss tracking the final hand too often - and they also dont tag as twister/spins either in the same way Stars does.

My Stars results are skewed a bit, favourably, by a 100x win at $5, but the more accurate measure of all in chip ev shows an overall profit of 74,196 (68.5 chips per game) which indicates I'm probably not doing too much too wrong .... I hope.....

Let me know if you're interested in taking this any further :)
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I got broke on the spins n goes and am now back to plo. GL to you in the future, maybe we'll meet sometime.
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZeroDegrees
      Hi!
      I got broke on the spins n goes and am now back to plo. GL to you in the future, maybe we'll meet sometime.

Sorry to hear that :(

Best wishes with your PLO :f_drink:
    • SiL94
      SiL94
      Gold
      For sure need create skype spin n go group:)
      I in for it.
      About spin n go who play play limit 3+ becouse lover limit unbeat stars taking huge rake:)
    • Beineken
      Beineken
      Bronze
      Did someone ever go through with this? Although not that experienced, I am very interested and eager to learn.

Buy the way, I am unable to find a thread where spin and go hands are discussed. Is there one? If yes, a link would be highly appreciated.
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Unfortunately the study group never got off the ground. I've moved on to other projects now, so no longer looking to start a study group (or get involved in one).

I hope you find what you're looking for :D
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Originally posted by Beineken
      Buy the way, I am unable to find a thread where spin and go hands are discussed. Is there one? If yes, a link would be highly appreciated.
      There is threads in the hand discussings, with Spin and Go discussions over a specific hand.

Other than that you can check out Moshman's course on Spin and Go's: Moshman's Complete Spin & Go Course
    • elsjorro
      elsjorro
      Bronze
      If anyone is still interested in making a group on skype or something, i recently started the 0.25 spins and now i am up to the 1 dollar spins.
    • htghguuh
      htghguuh
      Silver
      Sure I would
      Considering I have won 70% off my games
      But no huge win
    • hellword
      hellword
      Bronze
      good forum!