On the bubble situation

• Dickbreakr
      Alright I was put in a really harsh situation
      Currently in third place with blinds of around 480/240 on full tilt 9 player SNG, with 4 players remaining. One has shortstack of 600, i have 1300, the other has 1600 and another chipleader with around 7000 pushing any 2 cards for the blinds.

I pick up two tens on the big blind and the chipleader pushes again. I mean should I call? The big blind could be pushing with any two hands and the blinds come around one more time and the shortstack could be gone. I don't know if I should fold my two tens here and hope shortstack gets eliminated.

What really happened - I called with my two tens, he shows jack four and hits two pair. Yeah, he was on a rush, he was winning coin flips and hitting flush draws and knocked out around 4 players. But really, even if I was a favourite maybe I could've folded? I know there's been serious discussions on other forums about folding aces preflop even just to finish in the money.

Yeah I just didn't know if I should've folded or called. Obviously I called and lost. Especially cuz his cards were really hot. Maybe folding would've won me a couple dollars?
  • 3 replies
    • NickParkes
      In that situation you need a bit of luck one way or another... if you fold through the blinds and the short stack doesn't bust then you're screwed... if you fold through the blinds and the short stack does bust you're a tiny stack with very little fold equity....

I would call this every time... you're not gonna get much better spots to save your tournament life... if you had $2000+ then you could have folded... but IMO nice call, unlucky....
    • lennert9
      Don't fold because he appears to be running hot, can't comment on the other issues, but running hot exists only in the past.
    • delete461
      I was in an almost identical situation today, but the shortstack had less than 1 bb left and it was hitting him the next hand - I pushed all in (silly me) got called by BOTH bigstacks and bubbled out. Turns out the game ended on the very next hand, if I folded would have been 2 of us left but I was trying to get myself in position to win the thing.