Average skill, phenomenal will.

• LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      Hi guys , i'm Robert , 23years old and with a lot of wishes. My main difficult it's confort zone so for 2years i fight with this ( bought a lot of books ,videos) .When i say " confort zone " it's not about poker..it's about my life. I start a project and if something goes wrong i stop and i say in my mind " Bull*hit ..why me ? why ALWAYS ME ? Nothing good can happen" , untill one day when i wake up and say..wait if this guy can do this..why i can't? and i follow my weakness and try to improve it.In conclusion , if you want to be succesful you def. need to change you mind ! and that's the problem , many of us have the "victim" mentality and not the "victor". In my blog will do this , i will review some chapt's (book's) and how i apply this informations , also include with this game.
      For the first , i want to tell you , i'm a student and poker for me it's a hobby ( yet) , so 3-4hours/day for me it's enogh.I play on 888room NL2 6max.

The main plan for this blog :

:As: Daily review my database.
      :2s: Daily update my blog.
      :3s: Daily post hands and comment
      :4s: Daily work at my mindset.
      :5s: Daily try to as best as it's posible.

So, today are the first day , i try to play some hands on this room ( my first time when i play on 888), and i will come tommorow with my first day and all the stuff.

P.S : sorry for my english , tell me the write problem and for sure i will fix it.

Cheers , #hardworkalwaysbeatstalents
  • 11 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Robert,

Welcome back to Poker Strategy.

When i say " comfort zone " it's not about poker..it's about my life. I start a project and if something goes wrong i stop and i say in my mind " Bull*hit ..why me ? why ALWAYS ME ? Nothing good can happen"
      Realizing that you start and stop things is a good if it helps you change those habits and build disciplines. You might be interested in The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity by Schnitzelfisch. I have just started his 30 days to make a habit. I wanted to do this before I started learning more about poker as I know my bad habits will get in the way of learning!
      Another good place to look at is the Bank roll challenge PS has.
      Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!

I look forward to reading about your progress in the coming months. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      Good Matt .Thank you for this informations, if you want , we can help each other to build our legacy :) .
    • LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      Day 1

Ok, here we are , the first day ,and i'm excited ..why? because it's the single day when you need to know exactly what do you want ? .I know , i have some passion for NLP/Motivational and you firstly you need a vision,and you are right..but you can't have a vision without you know what do you want ??
      Average skill,phenomenal will it's a mindset..it's a life-style, that means ,evean if you (now) don't like how you look , how you eat , how you leave , where are you right now etc..you need to know you have all you need to be what you want to be., but you need some reasons and action.
      Ex : Ok , i can't beat micros right now , i've play for 2years .and i'm still here..so what? that means i'm a bad person ? No , it means i don't apply the right info. and don't work enogh and that's the solution.

So , to continue , i start to write down , what i want and more important when.:As:

- What do you want Robert ?!
      Poker : I want to beat the micros untill 15thMarch.
      I want to improve my game every single day/week/month/year.
      I want to inspire another players like me.

College : I want to finish the 3rd year.
      I want to work in a cab. >10h/week.

Relation/Personal:
      I want to invest much time in me.
      I want a healthy realtion-ship
      I want to tell my GF. each day , how important it's for me and how she helps me.

Goooddddd,after i finish this answers, i need to make a promise for myself.
      " Dear ,Robert , it's the last time , when i am here..i know my potential and i also know if i never give up ..i can have what life i want and also anothers gifts, never look back and do what you want to do with passion and effort."
      I will read this promise every day when i'm tired or dissapointed.
    • LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      Brian Tracy " Start with what you hate"

TThe warm-up

In this cap. i've learn , the most efficient person think in write ( hope to make sense ) , i mean if we have 2 people , 1 act like how he want and the second write on a paper the task , the n2 always can do more things.So how we do? The autor say , the most difficult task , to compare with a frog .Every ppl. know the frog it's active and jump a lot , like your tasks..you can't do it in pasive position , you need a ACTION STEP and every day start with the most negative task you have ( One ex: for me can be to update everyday the blog , why ? , because you need to invest some time ..you need to do well , and also if you not have some feedbacks ,can be dissapoint) anyway start and own it.
      Another , +ev for this is, the 20/80rule , that means 20% of our activities will be responsable for the 80% of our results..
      I need to select my task in this order : A.B.C.D.E.... .
      A = Very important, THE MUST TO DO ,and if you don't to this , you will see the negative aspect.
      ( it can be , A-1, A-2,A-3 )
      B= It means , you also you need to do , but the difference between A and B are the consequences. ( a little small for B )
      C = It's a task , it's ok to do , but not so important , but in time can be a good result.

TO DO DAY 1

P.s : Don't be afraid to make the first step.

Poker :
      A - Review my database ( yesterday i;ve play 1k hands )
      A-1 - Post some trouble hands on forum section.
      A-2 - Read the first cap. on The Blue Print book , and make a plan.

B - Play 500hans+ only 2 tables
      B-1 - Make notices on the players

College :
      A - read for exams.
      A-1 - Discuss some articles.

Relation :
      A - Help my GF with some home works.
      A - Try to be positive in some facts ( like clean the window :f_mad: )
      A - After this day , review and uptade the blog and with the impress.
    • LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      Ok so DAY1 -review

Poker :
      A - Review my database ( yesterday i;ve play 1k hands ) (fail) why ? Not have enogh time, why ? college X_X
      A-1 - Post some trouble hands on forum section. (fail) why? same.
      A-2 - Read the first cap. on The Blue Print book , and make a plan. (fail) same

B - Play 500hans+ only 2 tables (done)
      B-1 - Make notices on the players (done)

College :
      A - read for exams. (done)
      A-1 - Discuss some articles. (done)

Relation :
      A - Help my GF with some home works. (done)
      A - Try to be positive in some facts ( like clean the window :f_mad: ) (done)
      A - After this day , review and uptade the blog and with the impress. (done)

888 Impress NL2 : Omg, a lot of terible players..can't work any strategy , just hit the TP and move all in.I need to make some adjusments.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Nice blog you got here, def think you're on the right path when you're working on personal developement!! GL to you!! :f_thumbsup:
    • LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      Thanks vonki!!

# i will come back on my blog to post the day2 goals.Right now i'm at college.

Mistakes :
      1 - i saw yesterday some bad decisions...i choose to play between work on my database.So for this thing, today its priority to post hands and my graph.
    • LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      DAY2 "TAKE YOUR RESPONSABILITY"

"The world is full of people waiting to wake up someone to motivate them to become the kind of people who wish they could be..The problem is that nobody ever comes to their aid

Ok guys , i was the exact same person..until Day1 .. but i made a decision..to be succesful, and i know i can do this..and nobody can stop me , just me...What's beautiful in succes ?? Just one person need to belive in you...and that's...you.

" People without lack of success need to be completely supervised and pushed from behind by others. "

Guys , i swear , i don't think you need someone to tell you do this,make this . I don't say you don't need a guru , but you need to know you need to make the actions and take the ...responsability.

A - Data base review
      A-1 - Post hands+graph
      A-2 - Play min. 500hands.

B - Read 1chap from The blue print of poker.
      B-1- Write on blog the chap.

College+Relation
      - Learn and practice
      - Nice time with my gf.
    • LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      Day 2 review :

Was a spwey day , but i'm ok , i need a break :D .
      Mental : a little down , but , i know i can beat this limit.
    • LuxMind
      LuxMind
      Bronze
      DAY3
      Ok , after some hour of sleeping , finally , i'm focus with my body and with my mind.Yesterday , i made a half mistake , i've working on my data-base wich it's pretty good , but i miss another one : I don't comment to many hands on hand section.So for this , i punish myself to comment 15hands with good arguments and post 4hands on my blog vs 4 differnt tips of players.

After you have had a failure, identify opportunities to learn something from it

"Improving intentional strategy is essential if you want to succes.Also is if you learn something from a failure."
      For example yersterday , i've play too much even if i play B/C game , in my mind was " Oh God , what a weak players i need the money !!" But the real problem was my game and my mindset , i don't stop playin and i had a pretty nice down a couple of buy-ins, but i don't cry anymore , i need to learn and print to my self , when i bend the game i need to stop and try to fix the problems.

Solutions :
      From this day , i don't play anymore with B/C/D game , i have only one lpoint in my ADN and it's A-GAME
      Only 4tables and try to be the coach , to teach me each move.

Poker
      A - Warm-up -> 1 motivational video
      Read the promise
      1 water pet.

A-1 The game -> Play 500hands+ max. 4 tbls.
      Review the hands and do the homeworks.

B -> Read some stuff from The Blue print.
      B-1 Write on my blog abouth this.

College&Relation&Me

A - Learn 2hours for OCR.
      Learn&Read 30mins. from John Maxwell.
      Improve my skills on a dental arcade.

B- Prepare the dinner for my gf.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi LuxMind,

Great progress in your personal and game developments. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next few weeks results.

:appl: :profit:

Regards

Matt