Let's try one more time

• darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      Good day guys,

I liked the idea of Bankroll Challenge which is going on Pokerstrategy, so I have decided to create a blog.

Long time (~5 years) ago I've played up to 50NL online, but when I started going to university somehow I couldn't find time for poker anymore and stopped playing it. This year, I have decided that it would be fun to start playing again. I have used bonus offer from pokerstrategy and increased my bankroll from 50$ to 225$ and here I am.

Starting from this month I hope that I will manage to play poker more regularly and become better player.
      I have full time job, so playing huge amount of hands might be difficult, but I'll try to do my best.

Unfortunately last month I have played only few hundred hands, so at the start of this month I'll play 2NL 6-max on Pokerstars for a bit just to get back into the game and then I'll move back into 5NL 6-max.

For this month, my short time goals are these:
      1) Play at least 25000 hands
      2) Get comfortable again playing 5NL
      3) Watch at least 10 videos
      4) Start evaluating my hands more. Try to post at least 5 hands on PS forums for discussions.
      5) Have overall profit (let us hope :D )

Long term plans:
      1)Get my bankroll to 1125$ (1000$ would sound nicer, but I want to be inline with Get rich or Die trying rules)
      2)Re-read some of the poker books I have
      3)Quit drinking energy drinks
      4)Winning MTT would be nice :f_biggrin:

So, that is it about me for now. If you have any questions/tips, please let me know :)
  • 4 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello darkishbet,

Welcome back to Poker Strategy & Poker!

I look forward to reading your blog in the coming months. Good luck with the challenge. :f_drink:

Regards

Matt
    • darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      Good day guys,

After recent news regarding pokerstars rule changes I've found out that HEM1 which I was using is now not allowed.
      I don't want to pay for HEM2 licence, because my current bankroll is really not that big, so I have decided to try Jivaro HUD. The bad thing is that free version of the HUD only shows VPIP/PFR/AF statistics and that is it. I could buy subscription for 6$/month for premium version which would show all the standart statistics, but I don't really want to pay with my credit card.
      I have always looked at my poker money and the money in my pocket as two totally separate things. If Jivaro would allow to pay from pokerstars account I would at least try them, because it's only 1BI on 5NL basically, but paying from my wallet is different for me. I know that this might sound stupid, but what can I do.

Now regarding playing poker:

Since last post: 2218 hands on 2NL
      Balance since last post: +4,55$

I think that is really bad result. I have overplayed AK few too many times. It could have been way better. I'll try to learn from my mistakes and adjust.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi darkishbet.

I will try and find out what the program is called. I used it before I had HM2 and it is free. Will get back to you on that!
      The other option if you are happy with paying $6 per month for Jivaro HUD is to get a pay as you go card and load it for the year ahead and use that to pay for the subscription, enabling you to keep your poker money and pocket money separate.
      But tbh a HM2 license is cheaper than $72 in a yearly subscription for Jivaro HUD.
      Also over played and paid for AK. I just call off AK and raise Suited if a raise before me pf. It helps in cutting costs.
      Good luck in your play this week.

Regards

Matt
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Found it. FreePoker DB (FPDB)
      If you need any help installing add me ass a friend and I will message you the details.
      I checked on poker stars for acceptable software and it is ok to use.