Ropa´s successful road to highstakes!

• ropa00
      ropa00
      Bronze
      Hi, I am 25 years old and I come from Estonia.

I will start this blog so I could participate in bankroll challenge.
      I play nl100-nl200 w 3k bankroll.
      I play 6 max and without HUD.
      Wish me luck :D :f_cool:
  • 8 replies
    • samymanole
      samymanole
      Bronze
      Good Luck! Any Zoom or only classic table selection?
    • ropa00
      ropa00
      Bronze
      Actually I play anon tables
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Good Luck.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey ropa00,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi ropa, also a welcome from my side! Very unusual to find players without HUD on these stakes!
      Would be interesting to see some of your hands and how you apply your game plan + your reads to make a profit - looking forward to it!

SvenBe
    • ropa00
      ropa00
      Bronze
      Hi.

Time for a little update.

Ive been running pretty bad lately, since friday I am down 2k usd so my BR is 1.9k usd
      For you to know I am actually feeling like I am not playing as well as you might think, Im playing pretty much BE.
      Every time I get an upswing I lose that profit really fast and then I make very slow progress till next upswing and then I lose again.
      Im switching my strategy every week, sometimes even every day since I dont know how I should play, I dont know what style fits me the best, should I play loose or should I play tight.
      If I play tight I end up folding too much and bleed money nonSD, if I play loose I end up throwing my money away even more and play too much marginal situations, yet the upswings and short term lucks are greater.

Today I had a hand where we played 3 way the hand went like this:

nl100

UTG(100bb) opens 3.5bb
      MP(100bb) calls 3.5bb
      Fold
      Fold
      Hero(100bb) (SB) raise 14,5 BB (QQ)

ALL fold MP CALL.

FLOP 658r

I cbet 1/2 pot
      MP JAMS

I had no info on him, I had played like 10 hands on the table and haven noticed any info that would help me to make decisions

I tanked pretty long, and I came to conclusion that, he might have 77,99+ and I called. He might also have sets but would he instajam there? He end up showing me A7s and his straight got there.

I would be thankful if some low-midstakes winning reg would share his ideas on this hand and give me some advice on opening ranges.
      At the moment I feel like I dont want to proceed playing because I feel so uncertain about my play.
    • ropa00
      ropa00
      Bronze
      I digged out something really good for my game!! I will crush that goal soon ;)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He ropa,

how is it going? Don't miss the update for us in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread
      For the hand above - i am unfortunately no expert :-( Maybe our hand discussion forum would get more replies?

In my eye a 7 makes a good move with the push because of the FE, on the other hand - how many 7s are in the 3bet calling range?