Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $89,30
      Hero:
      $10,00

0/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , J:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BB raises to $2,50, Hero raises to $10,00 (All-In), BB calls $7,50.

Flop: ($20,00) 8:heart: , 9:club: , K:spade:
      Turn: ($20,00) K:diamond:
      River: ($20,00) J:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20,00

What do you do in such a situation, you put him on a resteal, where I would consider an easy push, or you look at that reraise as ordinary reraise? On one hand that minraise looks so strong, but on the other like a cheap resteal.

Also stats are not of much use here imo.
  • 7 replies
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      I know SSS says not to call, but I prefer a call to a push. Don't think you can consider folding but you will be called only by a better hand when pushing in this situation. Calling IP gives you a chance to push him off if he misses, or if you hit and it's cheaper.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Burek2k,

You either have a nice call and evaluate the Flop + can see what he does

or you can shove this preflop.

I go for the call because a shove brings high variance because with 73/2, you do not really know where you stand with AJs preflop.

You can always fold postflop since your not pot committed , thats why I like the call here :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      O-M-G judge is telling me to call!!! :D ...just kidding.

...I can afford some variance since I have a bit more conservative BR managment, so I prefer pushing, but I was mostly worried whether pushing is correct or not here.

P.S.: I wanted to join the coaching today, but it was on pokerstars instead of FTP, so I couldn't do it, because I didn't have the software and account there... :(
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Well its just that too often he has AQ+ or JJ+ with min r-r to merit the shove in my honest opinion. Min r-r screams nuts in my face. I like to call wiht my huge odds, and if I hit then you can commit knowing you are in better shape, or you save some of your money. Can't see this play happening with AT- Kx Qx etc.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matt1234
      Well its just that too often he has AQ+ or JJ+ with min r-r to merit the shove in my honest opinion. Min r-r screams nuts in my face. I like to call wiht my huge odds, and if I hit then you can commit knowing you are in better shape, or you save some of your money. Can't see this play happening with AT- Kx Qx etc.
      I think it's too hard to know where you stand if you call preflop and hit flop...

...if he holds a monster and you hit J on the flop you still go broke with the worse hand and if you hit A, he could still hold AJ+/AA. On the other hand, you can fold best hand to his c-bet if you don't hit. So, I don't like the call too much, then I think fold is better.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      P.S.: I wanted to join the coaching today, but it was on pokerstars instead of FTP, so I couldn't do it, because I didn't have the software and account there... :(
      You dont have to have an account to watch the coaching on Stars, it is the same on Party. Only Stars sucks (out) for coachings :D so the next time I will be doing an English coaching will be on Party for sure.

As Matt1234 says, you are mostly behind and you need to have 1.5:1 = 2.5^-1 = 40% equity with AceJack s00ted :)

That's why I like the Call here but folding is okay but very nitty
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      You dont have to have an account to watch the coaching on Stars, it is the same on Party. Only Stars sucks (out) for coachings :D so the next time I will be doing an English coaching will be on Party for sure.
      Didn't know you don't need acc for stars, since I've never played there, but I didn't have their software as well. So I listened to the coaching for few minutes, but I kinda gave up, since I didn't see the tables and the action. :)

I'll try to get to your partycoaching. :)